Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My Training blog road to the cage. A true underdogs story

Default My Training blog road to the cage. A true underdogs story

Blog under construction
    Last edited by Babycakes; 20-04-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Am in work and thought i'd log in just to comment on this post as i like to make people feel special- and you are special.
    Dunno weather this is some shite trolling but i'll comment anyways...
    Training blogs are great to read, so please do one!
    Few things...
    Fight pro eh? sound. I assume you cant be that arrogant or stupid to fight pro on a card without you or your coaches testing you at a lower level first so how many times have you competed in amateur MMA? fuck that,how many times have you competed in any combat sport? You say the thread is not for anyone "expecting huge things from me" but to lose 42lbs in bodyfat over a 6 month period while getting ready for a pro debut as you have planned, I cant help but expect fucking massive things mate!
    Trained before eh? should be a breeze then- How many years of mat time,sparring,s & c,drilling etc etc did you sacrifice before things in life "got the better" if you dont mind me asking? Hope nothing gets in the way again! (if its something terminal then i'm a dick and ignore everything before and what i'm about to write).
    It would be soooo nice of you to THINK about posting pics of yourself on here in exchange for "nice feedback"- constructive criticism? no one needs that shit bro. Dear me, you hide arrogance like I hide sarcasm.
    Good to see you understand all the basics, such as training,diet,consistency etc-tech' and sparring gets taken care of in the gym,alls you have to do is turn up,its that easy innit?
    Nothing to add to speed things up mate,unless you can get on a card in 3 months- that'd get you your fight earlier I think.

OK first day almost over went as follows

90 minute fast walk with the dogs on wake up.

porridge with tea spoon of honey and some fruit and 2 pints of water. breakfast 8am

cup of green tea 9pm

banana with green tea 12.30

4pm brown toast with 2 slices of ham

7:30pm chilli with brown rice turkey mince.

Also been drinking lots of water

mma will normally be 6 till 9 but that starts Monday due to me wanting to give myself a week break in period first. for this week i will be doing 45 minutes on the cross trainer at 9pm.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 12-02-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by partridge3834 View Post
    Am in work and thought i'd log in just to comment on this post as i like to make people feel special- and you are special.
    Dunno weather this is some shite trolling but i'll comment anyways...
    Training blogs are great to read, so please do one!
    Few things...
    Fight pro eh? sound. I assume you cant be that arrogant or stupid to fight pro on a card without you or your coaches testing you at a lower level first so how many times have you competed in amateur MMA? fuck that,how many times have you competed in any combat sport? You say the thread is not for anyone "expecting huge things from me" but to lose 42lbs in bodyfat over a 6 month period while getting ready for a pro debut as you have planned, I cant help but expect fucking massive things mate!
    Trained before eh? should be a breeze then- How many years of mat time,sparring,s & c,drilling etc etc did you sacrifice before things in life "got the better" if you dont mind me asking? Hope nothing gets in the way again! (if its something terminal then i'm a dick and ignore everything before and what i'm about to write).
    It would be soooo nice of you to THINK about posting pics of yourself on here in exchange for "nice feedback"- constructive criticism? no one needs that shit bro. Dear me, you hide arrogance like I hide sarcasm.
    Good to see you understand all the basics, such as training,diet,consistency etc-tech' and sparring gets taken care of in the gym,alls you have to do is turn up,its that easy innit?
    Nothing to add to speed things up mate,unless you can get on a card in 3 months- that'd get you your fight earlier I think.
    Look just because your stuck on night shift dont take it out on my thread lol.

I hate with a passion nob ends like you who post hate and try knock someone down whos trying to better himself how many titles have you won in any sport? You first then me.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 12-02-2013 at 04:34 PM.

What I think he is getting at babycakes is this;
    Have u competed before, if so at what level? Do you train at a gym? How many years have you trained? What disciplines have you trained in?

It's always hard to gauge how people have ment to make their posts on here sound, your first one sounds like you have just decided after no recent training that you are going to lose 4 stone in 6 months and go pro in a blink of an eye. That might be completely wrong of course. If you gave a bit more background on what you have done in the past etc then it would add more credibility to your blog.

Hope this helps mate and by no means am I trying to bash your blog, just giving my advice, yours to take or leave of course and good luck.
    Twitter @ricbrad

Thanks Naughty but he is just been a prick lol.

Its totally kool man let him hate. I have seen some right states trying to compete at pro rules so maybe he should worry about safe MMA and idiot promoters hiring independent fighters at a low cost with no worry about there health or future. If you follow my blog you will hopefully see that this isn't amateur night and I will be doing things to the best of my ability. Also to Answer your question yes i am at a gym as if i would make a mma blog and not be at a credible gym lmfao. Anyway i will follow your blog mate and support you.

Calm down son,whats with all the abuse?
    The thread if its real absolutely reeks of arrogance,and thats what got my back up. Goose offered an explaination for you,but i dont think that was where you were coming from at all- hence the "just being a prick"
    Why should I worry about Safe MMA and indie fighters? And what would you say you are? No school,no team,no training mentioned- far more of a worry than someone floating from gym to gym.
    But i do agree I sound a bit of a prick especially saying this- If it was that easy to be a pro fighter,everyone would be doing it- take ya 6 months to lose ya 40 odd lbs,along with learning skill sets well enough to carry them out when a pro fighter is trying to smash you an shove it up ya arse lad-not in a bad way.

No titles won in any sport sunshine,got a couple of medals for syncronised swimming though if that makes you happy- but am not the 1 saying am going from 3 stone overweight to the pro ranks,i assume skipping any amateur experience within months now am I?

Quote Originally Posted by partridge3834 View Post
    Calm down son,whats with all the abuse?
    The thread if its real absolutely reeks of arrogance,and thats what got my back up. Goose offered an explaination for you,but i dont think that was where you were coming from at all- hence the "just being a prick"
    Why should I worry about Safe MMA and indie fighters? And what would you say you are? No school,no team,no training mentioned- far more of a worry than someone floating from gym to gym.
    But i do agree I sound a bit of a prick especially saying this- If it was that easy to be a pro fighter,everyone would be doing it- take ya 6 months to lose ya 40 odd lbs,along with learning skill sets well enough to carry them out when a pro fighter is trying to smash you an shove it up ya arse lad-not in a bad way.
    Replace arrogance with confidence and you might be getting warm Can you not read i am a member of a credible gym and i dont know about you but i have sparred with decent lads in the past so i know the standard. Why the fuck should i write my whole history when you post shit like that. I only need to lose 2 stone which will shred pretty fast with me training and eating correct. i didnt say i would be fighting in 6 months i said i will look to see if im ready to fight in 6 months then hopefully book myself in to fight maybe 3 to 4 months from then. And i have nothing to prove to you if your such a expert tell me your record.

Nah, rather replace confidence with delusion- fits better.
    My record? sure,its 0-0-0. but I'm not claiming to be a fighter so dont really know where you're going with that 1.
    And the reason I asked about experience and that is because although I dont fight I do train and know how it would go down if I were to suggest in a overweight state that I fight pro after half a year,even with ya 3-4 months on top to any of the lads-never mind coaches.
    Honestly, if your original post didnt come across the way it did-all arrogant an blase about fighting,fighting pro.I would of wished all the best in your endeavor- Losing 2-3 stone in itself is no mean feat,like you said things get in the way. But then to add to that the lofty goal of going straight into a pro fight? not personal but I think is arrogant or stupid-plus a bit disrespectful to the lads who have actually already put hard work in over years to get to where you said you will be in a few months.
    Btw If you are in a decent place I'd bet my fucking life on it that you havent spoke about your 6-12 month plan. Goals are good,and credit where its due an all that- but come on! If you already know "ALL the basics on the ground" (??) maybe dropping some weight and entering a jitz comp would be an idea? either that or see if you can can get on Rio Heroes,whatever...