Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Training blog road to the cage. A true underdogs story

Haha!!
    Just read your message telling me i'm a dickhead and to "show some respect" for voicing my opinion on a forum-or as you called it "my blog". Respect where its due bellend,sort the arrogance/delusion and you might get some-you showed your true colours in your first posts-the only reason your getting any replys is cos everyone else is bored of the ramble.

Quote Originally Posted by partridge3834 View Post
    Haha!!
    Just read your message telling me i'm a dickhead and to "show some respect" for voicing my opinion on a forum-or as you called it "my blog". Respect where its due bellend,sort the arrogance/delusion and you might get some-you showed your true colours in your first posts-the only reason your getting any replys is cos everyone else is bored of the ramble.
    trollllllllllllllllll
    Last edited by Babycakes; 20-04-2013 at 03:36 AM.

Today has gone really well so far getting used to my diet is a pain but its just one of them things that needs to be done im sure I will be used to it in a week or so. I managed my fast walk with the dogs even though the weather is nasty. I plan to start doing sprints from Monday and add hill sprints at a later date as my cardio gets better as the last thing i want is to burn myself out before I even begin hardcore training as this is a marathon not a sprint and a way of life I hope to keep. I have stocked up on lots of healthy foods nothing fancy just things like sweet potatoes turkey mince and lots of herbs and spices. Im not going to touch fancy shakes or anything until i get advice on it as i could be doing more damage then good. Anyway will be doing my usual 45 minutes cross trainer tonight and hopefully start to add some youtube yoga in to my routine. Soooooooooo much to do but im the type of person where its all or nothing i could never just attend mma 1s or twice a week if i do this i have to try do it right

Will add to this blog on saturday and write down how my body is feeling. Anybody whos reading haters or friends thank you xx

i will jump in here :-) . I am not going to make any insults or remarks. However touching on what the other guy said, we should know this information for your blog because we get to see how much progress you make. Example.

"I used to train years ago, i attained a blue belt in brazillian jiu jitsu from .......I also trained mma and muay thai for 6 months my strengths i would say is ...... I now train out of ..... gym where I am going to look to improve on these areas of my game during my weight loss...." just an example.... i don't expect you to be a blue belt lol but you get the jist...like you put that you wont be a fish out of water and you know what your doing on the ground, would you elaborate for blog purposes ???

I have trained mainly no-gi for a couple of years and pretty decent, but i then switched to a bjj gym to improve and the blue belts there absoloutely destroyed me like i'd never grappled, you could run into a pretty decent grappler at even amateur level to be fair it would be good to read your experience and goals.

Quote Originally Posted by danhardy84 View Post
    i will jump in here :-) . I am not going to make any insults or remarks. However touching on what the other guy said, we should know this information for your blog because we get to see how much progress you make. Example.

"I used to train years ago, i attained a blue belt in brazillian jiu jitsu from .......I also trained mma and muay thai for 6 months my strengths i would say is ...... I now train out of ..... gym where I am going to look to improve on these areas of my game during my weight loss...." just an example.... i don't expect you to be a blue belt lol but you get the jist...like you put that you wont be a fish out of water and you know what your doing on the ground, would you elaborate for blog purposes ???

I have trained mainly no-gi for a couple of years and pretty decent, but i then switched to a bjj gym to improve and the blue belts there absoloutely destroyed me like i'd never grappled, you could run into a pretty decent grappler at even amateur level to be fair it would be good to read your experience and goals.
    trollllllllllllllllllllllll
    Last edited by Babycakes; 20-04-2013 at 03:37 AM.

What have u trained in mate and for how long before the time off? Have u competed before and at what level?how long did u have off training?
    Twitter @ricbrad

Since I was around 10 i attended a class which was a bit of everything which included live sparring it was pretty old school if im honest but i enjoyed it. Also did some boxing at the local boxing gym which I also enjoyed. Anything else Ive done isnt really worth a mention apart from my current gym which is great. I have competed before and it went down pretty good. Ive had around a year off. Also i have no big plans to fight on any big promotions Im just a guy whos hoping to have a long run in the sport i love. Hope thats ok for you as not willing to mention any names as i kinda want to stay anonymous for now in order to not put any extra pressure on myself.

What have u competed in?was it amatuer?how long have u been training mma an what classes do u or have u done in the past?im not asking for names mate but like what dan said,u could put iv traine x amount of months/years mma,won x amount of boxing matches etc and rolled in a few no gi comps,just so we get a feel of where abouts you are technique wise so we can compare it with our training.especially me as you know I've got my first amatuer fight coming up and its interesting to compare what I've done with what other people have done for my own benefit.
    Twitter @ricbrad

more trolllllllllllls
    Last edited by Babycakes; 20-04-2013 at 03:38 AM.

Hahaha! I hate the way you're makin me wanna come an comment on here- shit,maybe its me thats fuckin daft?
    By your own admission you've not done any training worth mentioning apart from some sparring at age 10???,but again you say you reckon you can hold your own with a pro fighter? you sir, are brand fucking new! come on you honestly cant see how you're coming across on here?
    You do ok when you roll with higher grades ye? you know what,me too-but am not daft or arrogant enough not to know that they're usually working out new bit of there game or helping me out- btw some am rules allow everything except heel hooks and elbows-are these the ones you're not a fan of? And the grappling comps are a great way to prep you for competing,thats why lads enter them before full MMA (me included) and continue to after starting to fight. Not so much to improve-thats what ya classes and seminars are for. I dont go to a comp to learn-thats a by product-usually seeing where you go wrong-most go there to compete and win (hopefully).
    I wont even go into the advice you're dishing out, but ill leave you with this:
    Since you hate me for pointing out what the others must be thinking by now going by your posts-why dont you answer gooses question as you've said what you haven't done- but still arrogantly give what purpose you think they serve,even with zero experience in them. so to reiterate gooses question "What have you competed in?" I bet my life that the answer is as far away from "I competed in x year on x show against x fighter-check the youtube link" as possible.
    I would love you to prove me wrong though-i mean that,cos i think training blogs are sound-when they're relevant. you walking the dogs an that is not really....Fuck me see what you're doing to me??! HAHA! am a nice guy man,but this arrogance and bullshit is burning my fucking head out- even after you've reiterated what your original post meant, you still come across the same! FML sad face.