Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: My Training blog road to the cage. A true underdogs story

Oh no, someone on the internet is going to say something mean about me!! Dude, if I was grading you now I would give you a E- with MUST TRY HARDER in big red ink all over the report.

Give up whilst you are behind, its only getting worse, soon you will hit Leonhitspazsummers depths if you are not careful, dont be remembered like that, just go out as a quite shit troll and come back with something more.....sassy!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Oh no, someone on the internet is going to say something mean about me!! Dude, if I was grading you now I would give you a E- with MUST TRY HARDER in big red ink all over the report.

Give up whilst you are behind, its only getting worse, soon you will hit Leonhitspazsummers depths if you are not careful, dont be remembered like that, just go out as a quite shit troll and come back with something more.....sassy!
    Blog will carry on until im either in amazing shape or i fight.

Monday first session back Had the shivers driving there as was very nerves about first day back took a deep breath walked in was asked how im coping which was really kind and a few lads gave me a welcome smile which was spot on. Anyway did the warm up which had me breathing heavy and a hour strength and conditioning followed did my best to keep with the pace ended up sweating buckets which really tested my mental strength as wanted to have a breather but bit my lip and carried on. After we had a 10 minute break and i ran to my water faster then a Mexican jumps the border :P. Anyway what followed to my horror was 50 minutes take down drills with my partner defending then we swap partners after 5 minutes etc with a 1 minute break hanging out of my ass is not the word but as before i solider d on and it paid off as at the end i knew i gave it my all and was pretty proud of myself as it was very hard and most of the time i was gassed.

I was very aware my fitness levels are my biggest weakness at the moment which is why im planning on adding 3 swims a week to go with morning runs. Also as my levels start to improve i will be adding Spinning classes to my routine as i figure it will do 3 big things

1 improve fitness levels and the fast slow fast slow is a great way of fitness and something i think suits mma as you constantly change levels.

2 help me shift the final stone this is when i will be adding it as the last stone i have heard is the hardest.

3 I think it will help my legs strengthen them etc added with clubs strength and conditioning.

Anyway after having a good drink of water we was asked what we wanted to do next as it was a open matt some guys who had to be away left etc and some sparred i didn't feel i had a lot to offer anyone by sparring with them unless they needed a punching bag as im sure you can imagine i was blowing out of my ass lol. I ended up having a roll with another 2 lads we did 5 minutes on 1 minute off i really enjoyed it as i felt it kinda tested my character as i could of sat that one out or made excuses and left as it was open matt and some stay some go but i wanted answers is my heart in it? do i really want to be here? do i enjoy it? Am i ready to change lifestyle? And do i still love this sport more then any other or anything apart from health and family of course. After the roll which had me gassed and heart racing i feel i got the answers. I hadent felt that great in a long time i was so proud of myself for going back knowing i was out of shape and knowing how tough the road back to fitness will be but i did it and hopefully its onwards and upwards from here as far as healthy lifestyle and fitness goes.

Also everyone was spot on no liberty's taken and plenty of encouragement cant wait till tomorrow but i bet i will be very sore in the morning haha what a little girl i am :P Just had a nice radox not man enough for ice baths or whatever you use these days lol. Good night x

Ps if anybody wants to give me any advise it will be welcome although i wont hold my breath
    Last edited by Babycakes; 19-02-2013 at 01:40 AM.

You forgot to walk the dog.

Well the weight seems to be dropping off nicely thanks to my diet. Just really looking forward to getting past the 2 stone mark as by then I should have a nice shape again. Also added a few supplements MAXIMUSCLE THERMOBOL 90 CAPSULES and MAXIMUSCLE PROMAX DIET 1.2KG CHOCOLATE ONE SIZE. So hopefully these will help me in my quest to get in top quality shape.

Also added a few things that i do in my own personal time normally on a morning as i do work :P

Here is a small list of things i have added to my training since the last time we spoke.

Yoga my girlfriend suggested this as she has done gymnastics since a child so I will no doubt notice a improvement after a few months.

Diet as stated ive added a few sensible supplements to help me along the way. Also started to make all food from scratch and prepare it myself so i know exactly what is going in my body. ( this huge diet change gave me the shits which is why i just did dog walking for the first week to try help my body get used to the diet without causing it more stress by training hard.

Not sticking to one gym I will continue to train the majority from one gym but also getting some Thai boxing and boxing sparring and coaching from my old instructor he is a top bloke and was doing this before the mma era came about.

Still looking to get the best from my morning cardio at the moment im doing 2 mile jogs with sprints but as my fitness improves I will be looking to really step up my cardio and test it in local road races etc.. I don't just want the fitness to be purely for competing in mma i want it to be with me long after i pack in the sport and stay with me for the rest of my life.

Well thats my blog for last week feel free to hate abuse put me down or say Im fake and cant do it. On another note i still plan on fighting pro rules when Im in good shape and ready a lot better and a lot worse then me have fought by them rules in the past at least im doing my best to train myself up for it unlike a few names I wont mention.

Update lost almost a stone and a half since i started this blog

How's the dog?

How's the dog?
    Ha Ha they are both great thank you. you really under rate dogs my friend they are good company on runs :P Hows the sheep?

Well happy as always. I don't walk them tho, lets get that clear, I am not a fucking weirdo, I only fuck em.

Well happy as always. I don't walk them tho, lets get that clear, I am not a fucking weirdo, I only fuck em.
    lmao haha x