Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: My Training blog road to the cage. A true underdogs story

That is exactly what a training blog should be mate.thankyou.like partridge says aswell,walking dogs and stuff isn't really useful,but knowing what else you do is.

If it carries on like you've put above, I look forward to reading it and good luck
    Twitter @ricbrad

I still am calling troll people, just go back to his old posts, plus, its a training blog but you don't want to discuss the actual training but will mention walking the dog again (which I was super happy to hear about, was concerned the dog would get all fat n shit)... The troll is getting slightly better to be fair, so I'll play along a bit mebbe.

So, when do you start dipping your hands in glue then broken glass training?
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

If he continues trolling then I will never forgive myself for giving him a second chance but let's see where this goes!!we may have converted a troll to a useful forum poster..........hopefully
    Twitter @ricbrad

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    I still am calling troll people, just go back to his old posts, plus, its a training blog but you don't want to discuss the actual training but will mention walking the dog again (which I was super happy to hear about, was concerned the dog would get all fat n shit)... The troll is getting slightly better to be fair, so I'll play along a bit mebbe.

So, when do you start dipping your hands in glue then broken glass training?
    Lol im not trolling believe what you want. Im fairly good friends with one or too on here id go ahead and prove it but im just going to be putting a whole lot of pressure on myself by saying im so and so at this stage. Just humour the blog and i will post my developments as they come. Its my first blog ever so of course its not going to look perfect from a pro fighters point of view. And Ian you give as much as you get so its a pot calling kettle to be fair even if you wont admit it lol.

Update found a gym that i didn't even know was there it has everything you could possibly want or need for weight training or strength and conditioning plus a big boxing room with bags and the punch man or whatever there called lol. plus a kettle bell room with all the s/c gear big ropes etc The great thing about it is they open at 7:30 am so i can scrap the morning runs and do things which are going to have a more positive effect. I plan on writing myself a weekly morning training regime again any advise or feedback welcome.

Blog update

Diet going really well im feeling like 10 times better then what I did before I started with energy levels very high during the day. Trying to take full advantage of my morning gym time I will write a quick example of what ive been up too lol.

15 minute warm up on cross trainer followed by 5 minutes stretching

30 minute full on kettle bell work out or 30 minutes circuits which includes big ropes sledge/tyre dummy slams shadow sparring heavy bag weight sit ups skipping im sure you get the picture

Then i use the machine weight room to train whatever body part/parts I am training that day As i build myself up I will be starting to use the free weights.

When doing the machine weights I'm doing light/medium weight fast reps in a pyramid 4 sets

After I do my cool down which is a light walk followed by stretches and then I eat and protein shake etc

Will be writing about the night training which is sparring etc and technique next time but im in a really lucky situation as spoiled for choice as I have the opportunity to train with some very good guys due to me having 1 or 2 friends there but i think I will stick to just the place im at at the moment as its aright saying you get better by training with way better guys but I would be totally outclassed in every department so I think its best i stick to where im at until I start to see myself really shaping up in fitness and all levels of the art. But its another plus and something I can aim for.

Anyway I know it has only been a short one but I promise you a much bigger one on my next update which should be Thursday.

Also just want to add that im feeling very aggressive as of late i hope you don't get the wrong impression what i mean is when im training i really get in to it and channel the aggression in the right environment
    Last edited by Babycakes; 04-03-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Well just a update to let anyone whose following how things are going.

Well firstly I have settled in really well to my morning caveman training and the local gym has most of the stuff i need in the back room for what I wanted to do the only thing I wish I had was rope to climb and something to jump on as far as jumping goes at the moment im forced to just use a stepper on as high as it will go it works for now but in a month or so i might just end up using the local park bench where I plan to do my tyre throwing.

My fitness is no where near as bad as I expected it to be and my recovery isnt too bad either I mean its not close to where I want/need it to be but its a plus that I don't gas as quick as i would of expected.

Really settled in to my diet now I love cooking healthy shit pretending im Jamie Oliver messing about with herbs and spices I made some quality big mushrooms the other day I was just experimenting and ended up cooking the tastiest meal id ever cooked lol Turkey meat with a healthy jalapeńo marinade with huge mushrooms with a garlic and herb sauce filled inside them which I made myself using the really next to no fat mayo Then just chopped a little beetroot up with some vedge and made myself a nice little side salad and added a few chunky sweet potato chips which again I added a light spice too. I might add more of my do it yourself meals I just don't want to come across as trying to teach you to suck eggs.

As far as mma goes which is night time nothing new really just drill drill drill then spar spar spar had a few complements given about a few things which is really nice and a confidence booster but it all goes over my head I think i have made a very good start and if I keep this up and stay virtually injury free I will be super duper back flip happy.

Ps the weight is really dropping off me Thanks to my Diet which I take very seriously. Thanks for reading and see you next time.

Well the wheels fell off the wagon at the weekend there was so much mma action online and on the big screen I stepped in to the forbidden bedroom and helped myself the now almost dry forbidden plant. All I could hear in my head was a voice saying don't do it HELL NO no way was I going to watch Bamma on a straighter and I don't drink so there was only one option I sparked that bitch up just in time for the start of the show After Mr scopes win I celebrated by ordering a domino s online and i destroyed that mother fucker (think my body needed it LOL) Anyway that 1 meal made me feel bloated for like the next day so i scrapped that days training and just went swimming. Apart from it all going wrong on Saturday I was shocked to notice my pig out did not add any weight to me so I guess I might continue to have a cheat day but mellow it down a little and maybe home make my pizza instead or have a BBQ depending on the weather.

When i went swimming the other day i was getting funny looks i figured the weed could be still in my system and I was getting paranoid that was until i went to get showered and noticed in the mirror I had huge black bruises all over my arms and body I guess the lookers came to 2 conclusions 1 Id been caught cheating by my girl.. And 2 I was new to the country and was carrying some kind of lurgy.

Anyway that's all I got today as you can imagine im finding it very very hard but you know the old saying when your the nail hang in there until you become the hammer
    Last edited by Babycakes; 12-03-2013 at 01:55 PM.

This blog is really getting good, some really good info...... actually just fuck off and fuck your dog

I think he has eaten the dog per my advice, solid source of protein, taking up too much time previously on the blog and never mentions it now, yeah its dead and snacked on I reckon!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.