Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: My Training blog road to the cage. A true underdogs story

Well just had a nice breakfast no need to worry about weight as was told the lad is a bit bigger but im doing them a big favour as his opponent kept his phone off for one reason or another but hey that's the fight game The promoters a nice chap so I trust him when he told me the lad is not at a high level so just have fun and get paid for doing it. I have 1 or 2 lads coming to watch and a experienced boxer who I know whose been nice enough to corner me for no charge so will no doubt buy him and his wife a nice Chinese tonight as a thank you. Had been sparring 3 x 5 rounds so the 4 x 2 should not be a issue fitness wise and as its boxing and not MMA I can hopefully have a good night would not have accepted had it been MMA due to the fact It would be to short notice to organize and would only be right if I spoke to the club first as in MMA your representing your team and not just yourself. Anyway It is beautiful weather out there so get your sun beds out in your garden and have a really nice day I am now going to chill and then hopefully get my head down for a few hours this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    At least 3 forum posters know who I am and know my forum name so no need to prove anything. Just because I have a sense of humour don't hate and Iv told you before I would happily come to leeds and face you on your local show for free so until you call my bluff and accept I dont see how your in any position to call anybody a fake or troll. As i have stated before if your at the grapple event for charity which you said your going too il come over shake your hand so quit trying to rip me on my thread as you 3 are the trolls on this thread not me and one of you made the babyfakes account how old are you 12?

And Partridge Im going on holiday to America which I deserve and worked very hard for so whats the big deal that im going to the gym there so why bitch at me when 90% of the forum would more then likely do the same thing if they was close to the diaz gym. Its a holiday which has been planned for a while there is another gym I could of gone too which would of been very easy to sort out as a close friend trains there but thats not what I want I want to go as a fan and experience the same gym my idols have. On a brighter note work was quiet no trouble.

partridge All I have ever claimed is im a low level fighter wanting to hopefully make my pro debut of course there are things I left out as the way some of you went on made me think why the fuck should I even bother been serious and write a blog just for you to troll. Iv been training much longer then 2 months I had a year out due to a family death as needed to get my own place and settle down etc. Those who know me think my blog is pretty funny and take a lot of it in jest and sarcasm. I posted this in the low level section of the forum which is where it belongs until I do compete under pro rules. Just makes me laugh how even when I do post serious stuff like my booked holiday to America you all still try your very best to poke fun at me well I have news for you As a amateur im currently 3 1 and semi pro im 1 0 not against anybody worth bragging about but it is what it is so I have every right to try compete at a higher level and the reason I don't post info like this is I like to wind you all up as your just out to try do the same to me. The reason we are going to Cali is its a destination we have both wanted to go since we was kids and my friend who is now a successful property developer has given us both the opportunity to fulfil that dream. And yes im going to try get a few classes and a few photos at Caesar Gracie and maybe even another gym depending on distance. If you wanna poke fun at anybody and tell them to walk there dogs why not start with somebody like Andy Cona just a example who acts like he is amazing on facebook saying he will fight anybody.

So just to clear a few things up Im under 21 I have trained in mixed martial arts for over 3 years before that judo which I gained a black belt above standard black but that probably means nothing to you. And I am extremely lucky to be at a lovely gym where Without my team mates I would be nothing, I have attended some great seminars over the years my favourite been Paul Daily as I just loved the guys attitude seemed a top top bloke Iv also attended 2 royce gracie seminars and was lucky enough to have a extra 2 hours the next day where 5 of us got to learn and drill a number of techniques I took a awful lot away from that maybe only small things but small things that matter and made a huge difference in my game I was only around 16 at the time and had not even begun training seriously I was just a 2 nights a week guy. He is a funny guy but eats like a horse afterwards we all went to a all you can eat buffet and I think he put away more then the 5 of us combined all that was thanks to a very kind local instructor who knew him fairly well. A guy I would love to meet who I missed last time around and was gutted is Eddie Bravo I think the guy is a real inspiration to anyone dreaming of maybe one day opening there own school in any form of martial arts plus from what I see and read he looks a really kool guy to be around.

The thing I think you have missed is im a fan first competitor second and that will always be the case unless by sheer fluke luck or ambition I manage to carve out a place for myself in pro mixed martial arts but there are much more talented guys then me tried and failed so just looking to enjoy my path and as long as I have fun and keep making friends im happy. Im the type of guy to hang with the cool guys who like to chill have a joke and know how to treat each other I avoid like the plague those in mma whom have a hard man image and are feared outside of the sport for the wrong reasons.

There we go hope that quenched your thirst to troll fire away as I must now get some sleep.
    1) I have not recently called you a fake or troll. You have actually added some good points as of late.

2)you keep calling me out, everytime someone calls you out, you ask them their record belts etc. I think being a black belt in judo is a big fucking deal mate,it must have taken dedication,but it would have helped if this were on page 1 of your blog rather than taken over 150 posts for you to mention it.

3) I did a blog for my training before my fight.i did this because I thought it would help other people,even posted the fight vid for people to give me pointers,which you did and I appreciate. What I don't appreciate is then calling me shit etc. it doesn't so much bother me now,but I am relatively new to mma so to shout someone down,especially after you've trained in mma 2 years longer than I have and a black belt in judo to boot,came accross as very disrespectful, which is why people called you on it

4)you preach about fair match ups,well,you being a black belt in judo,me being a white belt in bjj,doesn't really seem like a fair matchup.u would humble me with your judo training,I'm under no illusions.on the ground or kickboxing,il not so sure,hence why I thought it would be interesting to see your boxing match,and you must know as well as I do how good it would feel to prove people wrong!

Throughout this whole blog I have tried to be respectful but your either super serious or a total joker.that is why I have struggled to believe what you have said. But I am genuinely interested in mma and hoped i would learn a thing or two from other people,especially a black belt who knows how hard it is to achieve such a high standard.

So, to summarise;

The slate has been wiped clean,again! I hope that I learn something from this blog that will help me in my training or fights. I will continue to read it,and hope that it remains serious,and that the jokes stay on the jokes threads.

Good luck in your boxing match.it would be good to hear how you train for it,all the technical things etc,as my stand up is atrocious at the moment,and if we ever do cross paths at a grappling comp,in sure il learn a thing or 2 from your judo,and hopefully youl see that my ground game and grappling is not as one dimensional as you think
    Twitter @ricbrad

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtygoose View Post
    1) I have not recently called you a fake or troll. You have actually added some good points as of late.

2)you keep calling me out, everytime someone calls you out, you ask them their record belts etc. I think being a black belt in judo is a big fucking deal mate,it must have taken dedication,but it would have helped if this were on page 1 of your blog rather than taken over 150 posts for you to mention it.

3) I did a blog for my training before my fight.i did this because I thought it would help other people,even posted the fight vid for people to give me pointers,which you did and I appreciate. What I don't appreciate is then calling me shit etc. it doesn't so much bother me now,but I am relatively new to mma so to shout someone down,especially after you've trained in mma 2 years longer than I have and a black belt in judo to boot,came accross as very disrespectful, which is why people called you on it

4)you preach about fair match ups,well,you being a black belt in judo,me being a white belt in bjj,doesn't really seem like a fair matchup.u would humble me with your judo training,I'm under no illusions.on the ground or kickboxing,il not so sure,hence why I thought it would be interesting to see your boxing match,and you must know as well as I do how good it would feel to prove people wrong!

Throughout this whole blog I have tried to be respectful but your either super serious or a total joker.that is why I have struggled to believe what you have said. But I am genuinely interested in mma and hoped i would learn a thing or two from other people,especially a black belt who knows how hard it is to achieve such a high standard.

So, to summarise;

The slate has been wiped clean,again! I hope that I learn something from this blog that will help me in my training or fights. I will continue to read it,and hope that it remains serious,and that the jokes stay on the jokes threads.

Good luck in your boxing match.it would be good to hear how you train for it,all the technical things etc,as my stand up is atrocious at the moment,and if we ever do cross paths at a grappling comp,in sure il learn a thing or 2 from your judo,and hopefully youl see that my ground game and grappling is not as one dimensional as you think
    Have to be quick as just woke up and running late. Dont take to much notice of the belt I mean from a technical aspect sure it helps in mma I was just extremely lucky as a kid that I got sent to judo while other kids went to play football or rugby etc. As I was saying Been experienced in Judo helps from a few aspects personally I find The balance is a plus and also knowing when your opponent is off balance and the clicks in your mind thinking say I can try this or go to this to try get him/her down etc. A good guy to watch who is a million more times skilled in the art then I could ever be is Jim Wallhead he is kinda a inspiration to me and somebody who we can all learn from unfortunately Iv never met him and I think I would be star struck if I did lol. And on a side note I didn't really want to compete against you I was just trying to get you to chill lol. Its crazy as when I first started Judo all the cool kids was in boxing but I was not allowed to go due to a over protective parent but cant knock somebody who just wanted me to be safe. We will have to keep in touch and as we get to know each other a bit better I could one day have a drive up now and again and we could do some open mat and learn from each other. Have a good night as I believe Fury is boxing tonight along with the UFC so lots to watch if your not out. Happy we sorted this as there's some who know no better but you come across as a decent lad.

Enjoyed the night was outweighed by 3 stone went the distance and lost on points no complaints as he had around half the place full of friends or family just happy to help and have a good work out. Great feedback from promoter and told he would match me again any time and has also offered me a few privates as a thank you great bloke great event enjoyed it.

U gonna post a vid dude?
    Twitter @ricbrad

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtygoose View Post
    U gonna post a vid dude?
    I have not even got a vid myself and even If I had one I would not be posting it.

And so the trolling has begun in earnest No vid? No pics even? Any listing for the event? Anything that would even prove it happened?

Otherwise I am gonna state I also had a fight at the weekend with a 7 armed minotaur, I kicked its over limbed arse!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    And so the trolling has begun in earnest No vid? No pics even? Any listing for the event? Anything that would even prove it happened?

Otherwise I am gonna state I also had a fight at the weekend with a 7 armed minotaur, I kicked its over limbed arse!
    hating.jpg............
    Last edited by Babycakes; 22-04-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Minotaur? Pussy. I fought one of these things, finished it in the forty-eighth round with a head kick:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj7R_2WWdKs
    Last edited by PointyShinyBurning; 22-04-2013 at 12:15 PM.

I think I saw that fight, was that at Mars Rage 4?

I bathe in the tears of fallen fighters whom I have defeated, plus a bit of bubble bath. Baby, anyone can come on and stir shit up, all I am asking is if you have any proof because quite simply, you have trolled the forums before so why should anyone believe you now? You could be JDI in disguise for instance?
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.