Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: My Training blog road to the cage. A true underdogs story

Quote Originally Posted by partridge3834 View Post
    Walking dogs an drinkin green tea to trainin with Diaz,Melendez an co in less than a month-whats not to believe Evzy?
    True dat, I'm such a cynical bastard these days, ever since Jimmy Boogaloo sold me a cardboard box with go faster stripes on and told me if I sat in it for 8 hours it would take off and fly me to the moon, I've been sat in this fucking box for 3 weeks now and still nothing

I mean, it looks totally legit n shit, I can't understand it and Jimmy isn't answering his phone..

rocket.jpg
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Got a phone call today asking if I wanted to fill in for a lad in a boxing match its only 4 2 minute rounds I said yea as its 150 with another 50 if I win so its a bit of pocket money and should be a fun day out. The lads record is 2 4 so im told but will be able to tell you more about it after its done.

Video or it didnt happen when you come back and tell us you ko'd him in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Video or it didnt happen when you come back and tell us you ko'd him in the first round.
    Why should I post a video I have nothing to prove. Imagine if I posted a video id get slaughtered whatever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Why should I post a video I have nothing to prove. Imagine if I posted a video id get slaughtered whatever happened.
    Would be a fitting finale if u did
    Twitter @ricbrad

And if you did it will prove all your haters wrong and that you were serious from the start
    Twitter @ricbrad

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Because otherwise you are a troll and always will be. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    True dat, I'm such a cynical bastard these days, ever since Jimmy Boogaloo sold me a cardboard box with go faster stripes on and told me if I sat in it for 8 hours it would take off and fly me to the moon, I've been sat in this fucking box for 3 weeks now and still nothing

I mean, it looks totally legit n shit, I can't understand it and Jimmy isn't answering his phone..

rocket.jpg
    Thats fuckin boss! you after sellin when you get back?
    Am just off to do a bit beach yoga with Rickson down Crosby Marina, then doin a private with Kimura workin on his throws-I love a challenge an his bein dead for about 20 years only adds to it. Just registered me hands there with NATO too

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtygoose View Post
    And if you did it will prove all your haters wrong and that you were serious from the start
    At least 3 forum posters know who I am and know my forum name so no need to prove anything. Just because I have a sense of humour don't hate and Iv told you before I would happily come to leeds and face you on your local show for free so until you call my bluff and accept I dont see how your in any position to call anybody a fake or troll. As i have stated before if your at the grapple event for charity which you said your going too il come over shake your hand so quit trying to rip me on my thread as you 3 are the trolls on this thread not me and one of you made the babyfakes account how old are you 12?

And Partridge Im going on holiday to America which I deserve and worked very hard for so whats the big deal that im going to the gym there so why bitch at me when 90% of the forum would more then likely do the same thing if they was close to the diaz gym. Its a holiday which has been planned for a while there is another gym I could of gone too which would of been very easy to sort out as a close friend trains there but thats not what I want I want to go as a fan and experience the same gym my idols have. On a brighter note work was quiet no trouble.

partridge All I have ever claimed is im a low level fighter wanting to hopefully make my pro debut of course there are things I left out as the way some of you went on made me think why the fuck should I even bother been serious and write a blog just for you to troll. Iv been training much longer then 2 months I had a year out due to a family death as needed to get my own place and settle down etc. Those who know me think my blog is pretty funny and take a lot of it in jest and sarcasm. I posted this in the low level section of the forum which is where it belongs until I do compete under pro rules. Just makes me laugh how even when I do post serious stuff like my booked holiday to America you all still try your very best to poke fun at me well I have news for you As a amateur im currently 3 1 and semi pro im 1 0 not against anybody worth bragging about but it is what it is so I have every right to try compete at a higher level and the reason I don't post info like this is I like to wind you all up as your just out to try do the same to me. The reason we are going to Cali is its a destination we have both wanted to go since we was kids and my friend who is now a successful property developer has given us both the opportunity to fulfil that dream. And yes im going to try get a few classes and a few photos at Caesar Gracie and maybe even another gym depending on distance. If you wanna poke fun at anybody and tell them to walk there dogs why not start with somebody like Andy Cona just a example who acts like he is amazing on facebook saying he will fight anybody.

So just to clear a few things up Im under 21 I have trained in mixed martial arts for over 3 years before that judo which I gained a black belt above standard black but that probably means nothing to you. And I am extremely lucky to be at a lovely gym where Without my team mates I would be nothing, I have attended some great seminars over the years my favourite been Paul Daily as I just loved the guys attitude seemed a top top bloke Iv also attended 2 royce gracie seminars and was lucky enough to have a extra 2 hours the next day where 5 of us got to learn and drill a number of techniques I took a awful lot away from that maybe only small things but small things that matter and made a huge difference in my game I was only around 16 at the time and had not even begun training seriously I was just a 2 nights a week guy. He is a funny guy but eats like a horse afterwards we all went to a all you can eat buffet and I think he put away more then the 5 of us combined all that was thanks to a very kind local instructor who knew him fairly well. A guy I would love to meet who I missed last time around and was gutted is Eddie Bravo I think the guy is a real inspiration to anyone dreaming of maybe one day opening there own school in any form of martial arts plus from what I see and read he looks a really kool guy to be around.

The thing I think you have missed is im a fan first competitor second and that will always be the case unless by sheer fluke luck or ambition I manage to carve out a place for myself in pro mixed martial arts but there are much more talented guys then me tried and failed so just looking to enjoy my path and as long as I have fun and keep making friends im happy. Im the type of guy to hang with the cool guys who like to chill have a joke and know how to treat each other I avoid like the plague those in mma whom have a hard man image and are feared outside of the sport for the wrong reasons.

There we go hope that quenched your thirst to troll fire away as I must now get some sleep.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 20-04-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Samuelson View Post
    Just to add into yours Babycakes. I finally did a full hour of running this week. I'm no runner by any means - I can, but I hate it. I covered exactly 7 miles and I won't do that for a while again - it nearly killed me. I'm 19 stone at the moment and think that about 4 mile run is good enough for maintaining willpower and cardio. What's going on with your training? Are you still training? My club is closed until Thursday. Tomorrow though I'm going deadlifting and shoulder pressing in a round by round imitation.
    For those who don't deadlift, I encourage you to do so.
    Hate been wired after work dam you red bull. ..... lol

Why even bother running your over 30 and your a very big lad plenty of easier ways on your body then treading the pavement one of which is getting on a bike or if worse comes to worse a long walk followed by do it yourself circuits in your home doing a number of exercises for say between 20 -40 minutes. Maybe try running again as your energy levels come back just a thought.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 20-04-2013 at 10:23 AM.