Thread: Gunnar Nelson vs Jorge Santiago.

Hybrid View

Default Gunnar Nelson vs Jorge Santiago.

This is the match up that I'm looking forward to the most.

Gunnar who has long been tipped as a potential superstar takes massive step up in competition IMO...

...Jorge is a BJJ BB and has submission wins over Jeremy Horn and Siyar Bahadurzada... Jeremy Horn has one of the best ground games in the sport.

He also has KO/TKO wins over the likes of Trevor Prangley and Kazuhiro Nakamura who are no slouches...

Do you think Gunnar will have it all his own way?

I caant wait for this fight.

Massive step up for Gunnar as you say, Santiago hasnt had much success in the UFC but hes record outside of it speaks for its self. On Paper I dont think Gunnar has much of an advantage on the ground and Id defo give the striking advantage to Santiago........that along with his experience will make it a really hard night for Gunnar IMO.
    Im gona come at you like a SPIDERMONKEY.....you hear that a SPIDERMONKEY

Quote Originally Posted by BIg Red View Post
    I caant wait for this fight.

Massive step up for Gunnar as you say, Santiago hasnt had much success in the UFC but hes record outside of it speaks for its self. On Paper I dont think Gunnar has much of an advantage on the ground and Id defo give the striking advantage to Santiago........that along with his experience will make it a really hard night for Gunnar IMO.
    What?! Got to be a joke.

Gunnar's striking is also very underrated. Which isn't a surprise when you see how effective his grappling is.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    What?! Got to be a joke.

Gunnar's striking is also very underrated. Which isn't a surprise when you see how effective his grappling is.
    Santiagos been in with the likes of Maia who im pretty sure couldn't pass his guard. Regardless of competition status mma is a different ball game as we all know. Marcelo Garcia proved that

Awesome fight, most intriguing on the card for me

Obviously Gunnar is a high level blackbelt in BJJ who has had great sucess in BJJ comps and submission wins in his MMA career so far, all I meant was Santiago is also a blackbelt and has had some notable submission victories as stated above, I think Santiago will be able to hold his own to an extent on the ground.

However I could easly be proved wrong.
    Im gona come at you like a SPIDERMONKEY.....you hear that a SPIDERMONKEY

IMO Gunnar needs more fights like these because if he starts fighting seasoned vets like Maia who is fucking awesome on the ground a la Fitch... It's good practice.

Gunnar is better all round I think, don't think it will be over quick but feel he has the upper hand to take the Win
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Great fight. Gunnar is something special. Dude has a wierd aura about him.