Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyrille Diabate: I See Myself Stopping Manuwa

Default Cyrille Diabate: I See Myself Stopping Manuwa

Everyone is excited for this one, and rightly so.

Cyrille Diabate told YourMMA.tv that he's expecting to finish Jimi Manuwa at UFC On Fuel 7, although he does think 'The Posterboy' will go far:

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/inter...-on-fuel-7.htm

"I think he can go far. He seems tough and powerful. I think his ground is his weak point though. I feel I have better standup and I also have knockout power.

"I see myself knocking him out or submitting him. I will combat his creativity, power and speed with being more creative, powerful and fast."
    Who you picking?

I wouldn't be surprised if he does KO/TKO Jimi, Cyrille's striking is better and I don't think Jimi's ground game is good enough to mount a crazy grappling attack. Should be highly entertaining.

I agree, I think this will be a standup war and Id defo give the edge to Diabate....he has only ever been finished once due to strikes and as grizzly said I dont think Jimi's ground game is gound enough to beat him that way.
    Im gona come at you like a SPIDERMONKEY.....you hear that a SPIDERMONKEY

Manuwas stand up is his best feature 100% and everyone is saying that diabates is better. Diabate is a 39 year old average mma fighter but he seems to be the favourite for this one in most people's eyes. Seems like a slap in the face for manuwa. Why did the UFC sign him? Just to be add another british fighter to the roster?
    Fuck no-gi

Diabates is definitely a better technical striker then Jimmy, without a shadow of a doubt. He lacks the one punch knock out power Jimmy has.

I would love to see Jimmy beat him but I think if it gets out of the first round Cyrile will pick him apart. I also think Cyrile has a better ground game.

Diabate is a far better kickboxer technically, of that there is no doubt. But as already stated Jimi has a big advantage in power and can KO Cyrile. This is a close fight but I think/hope Jimi will catch him and stop him. I personally would have him as slight favourite. Wouldn't be suprised if Diabate gets a UD either though. Cant see this fight going to the ground

Jimi has a much underrated ground game, fact is people just haven't seen it... I think he has a good chance of winning this fight.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

bah, Jimi will crush him, and make it look like a sick mismatch.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

as soon as jimi catches him diabate is gonna fold. like a fucking deck chair.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

hahaha proper lol, like the punctuation there, nice.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'