Thread: Wrestling could be out of Olympics in 2020

Default Wrestling could be out of Olympics in 2020

Seems pretty criminal to me if it happens:

Wrestling has been dropped from the Olympic Games from 2020 by the International Olympic Committee to make way for a new sport.

The IOC's programme commission assessed each sport's performance at the London Games before making their decision.

But wrestling could enjoy a reprieve as it now joins seven sports hoping to be included in 2020.

A decision on which sport will be added in 2020 will be made when the IOC meet in Buenos Aires in September.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/21427455

The possible sports in the mix (along with wrestling) for consideration for inclusion? Baseball, Karate, Roller Sports, Sport Climbing, Squash, Wakeboarding, Wushu.

TKD shouldnt be an olympic sport, neither should syncronised swimming. Theres some amount of shite sports in the olympics

http://splitdecisionmmauk.com/2013/0...ay-off-itself/

Bad times for wrestling. I agree there are so many rubbish sports that are considered "Olympic" standard

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Dull-thinkers gave rise to this travesty. I would love to have a quick conversation with the people who made this decision.
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

When I say 'quick conversation' I mean I want the chance to address them. I'm not interested in anything further that they have to say. Cry me a river of you are concerned by the revenue of the Olympic games. Fuck you, if you are concerned that the viewing public doesn't clamour for a chance to watch it, and if advertising income suffers. I care not for these childishly greedy concerns. Wrestling is the olympics.
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

Synchronize swimming falls under aquatics. So it's not going to get cut straight up.

Modern penthalon, sailing, and equestrian should all be out before wrestling
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Pure.fucking.disgrace.
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Aparently some wrestling people think its a good thing, ive seen quotes on forums where they are talking about how judo has to adjust their rules to cater for what the olympics want, and about how they want to keep their sport unchanged by the IOC!