Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions Please?

Hybrid View

Default Opinions Please?

At what point do you think its too late do make a career in MMA?

For example look at my record.......12-30 (a very poor record!!) is it too late for me to give it a proper go?

Surely the UFC wouldn't look twice having seen my record? Even if I went on a 10 fight win streak?

Whats the money like on the UK's bigger promotions like BAMMA or even Cage Warriors?

Where could I go?

Previous topics have been brought up about how poor the money is in MMA and its not often people get the BIG BREAK they deserve which means alot of years and hard work for little to no reward at the end? Family and friends suffer! Is it worth hanging onto a dream that carries a slim possibility of becoming a reality. These are a few other questions I am curious to know peoples thoughts on.

NOTE: This isn't actually about me, I am just a decent example of someone with a bad record. I am just looking for peoples thoughts (so please dont give me a bashing .
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

If you want personal satisfaction and sense of achievement then work at it and get a manager to get evenly matched etc

If it is a money motivator then stick at what you are doing as it does provide a service within UK MMA.

Would you want to work years on your ground game to try and become a good fighter?

I would imagine the money you are getting now to fight short notice wouldn't be much different than a guy who was say 4-0. I think it only really gets into the 1000's if you are top 10 in the UK

My biggest concern with someone that fights all the time is any long term damage that could be caused
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by jim2007 View Post
    If you want personal satisfaction and sense of achievement then work at it and get a manager to get evenly matched etc

If it is a money motivator then stick at what you are doing as it does provide a service within UK MMA.

Would you want to work years on your ground game to try and become a good fighter?

I would imagine the money you are getting now to fight short notice wouldn't be much different than a guy who was say 4-0. I think it only really gets into the 1000's if you are top 10 in the UK

My biggest concern with someone that fights all the time is any long term damage that could be caused
    Jim has the right idea haha.

I don't want to sound rude but you made your bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Dude is one of the most decorated Thai boxers in UK MMA... He ducks nobody and always gives a good fight.

He's just asking general opinions...

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Dude is one of the most decorated Thai boxers in UK MMA... He ducks nobody and always gives a good fight.

He's just asking general opinions...
    Oh man your so barking up the wrong tree on this subject. Dan has made himself in to a journey man by taking very short notice fights in search of a pay day. Now i honestly couldn't care less how good his Thai is this is not Thai this is mma where you need a decent level ground game to compete. Now i fully understand Dan is a nice guy and can bang but maybe he should of stuck with Thai if he is not willing to try better himself as a fighter. All im saying is if you really want to do this Dan then in my honest opinion you need to stop chasing the big pay days like now and start at the bottom run through a few and try get a decent win streak going.

And Grizzly some call ducking nobody brave others call it stupidity.

Anyway nothing personal Dan hope it all works out for you.

Oh man your so barking up the wrong tree on this subject. Dan has made himself in to a journey man by taking very short notice fights in search of a pay day. Now i honestly couldn't care less how good his Thai is this is not Thai this is mma where you need a decent level ground game to compete. Now i fully understand Dan is a nice guy and can bang but maybe he should of stuck with Thai if he is not willing to try better himself as a fighter. All im saying is if you really want to do this Dan then in my honest opinion you need to stop chasing the big pay days like now and start at the bottom run through a few and try get a decent win streak going.

And Grizzly some call ducking nobody brave others call it stupidity.

Anyway nothing personal Dan hope it all works out for you.
    No mate you're barking up the wrong tree by not understanding his question, your response showed that you lacked common knowledge to comprehend it. He doesn't chase big pay days, he just accepts every fight offered, I know he has fights booked for over a months time, is that a last minute stand in. I'm not going to argue with you because its taking the thread away from it's original post.

Thanks for that HAHA.

Doesn't answer my questions nor give an opinion on what I asked but glad you could have your say.

I did actually put in BOLD lettering it wasn't actually about me! I used myself as an example!

Quote Originally Posted by DanWelsh View Post

Whats the money like on the UK's bigger promotions like BAMMA or even Cage Warriors?
    Money in Uk shows is terrible mate.

Record wise if you have a winning record and put together a winning streak against some decent names then that would get people's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    Money in Uk shows is terrible mate.

Record wise if you have a winning record and put together a winning streak against some decent names then that would get people's attention.
    This.

And I'm confident that there will be some dedicated MMA gyms/coaches who would happily have you on their team. If you decided to take that step obviously.

Good luck.

#TeamWelsh
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.