Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrestling to be dropped from Olympics!

Classic. The rock to take gold in Rio.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    ah lovely, and the sun runs the story - but pictures pro wrestling. awesome.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...pic-Games.html
    TBF though Angle makes a couple of really good points in that article.

ďBecause of the Olympics and MMA, wrestling is at its highest peak since 1980. Itís just off the charts.
    trampolining ó thatís a sport for failed gymnasts. And Badminton? Itís a recreational sport, how can that supercede wrestling?
    I believe this has something to do with female viewers.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

528645_140946516070349_1751570926_n.jpg

posted by ABC on sherdog
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    What the hell is wakeboarding and wushu and roller sports?

Baseball?... Why would we want to create a sport that the yanks would destroy every time.
    Wakeboarding is akin to water ski-ing but on a single board. Wushu is essentially martial arts themed gymnastics based on trad Chinese martial arts. Roller sports woudl eb roller hocky, roller derby etc. Baseball is mentioned in Jane Austen's novels and was once the national sport of Wales so is not exclusively American.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Wrestling is now vying with baseball/softball, squash, karate, sport climbing, wakeboarding, wushu and roller sports for a place in the 2020 Games

While I'm shocked at wrestling being dropped and think it's a poor decision, the roster of Olymic Sports is constantly changing. Personally I think it odd that netball is not an Olympic Sport. It's played by many women, is amazingly fast at top levels and is used by rugby and football players to teach positioning. There's always a one man's meat, another man's poison dimension to this discussion. In terms of the other sports on the list, the only one I would question is karate. Tae Kwan Do must be the most boring sport of all time. Two people bouncing up and down tryign to decide when to kick your opponnt in the torso or head. It bears no resemblance to any real fighting art and looks more like a comedy arse kicking contest at a village fete.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

lol good form
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

MMA will not be an Olympic event in my lifetime, and I plan on living another 60 years. I guarantee it.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!