Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sean Wright......

I think he is 3-1 in MMA.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Ah.

Shoulda sherdogged it.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by KeiranMc View Post
    I think he is 3-1 in MMA.

The loss on his record was the leg break which happened about 5 seconds into the fight, ideally there should be something in place to get fights like that declared a no contest.

I reckon that if you get injured in a fight and you can't continue then unfortunately its a loss whether it be by getting armbarred or by fucking your shin when kicking your opponent.
    Fuck no-gi

Look forward to seeing Sean back in action.

Think the first time i ever saw him was when he was on The Contender and became a fan of his instantly. His leg kicks were brutal like.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Gi-boy View Post
    I reckon that if you get injured in a fight and you can't continue then unfortunately its a loss whether it be by getting armbarred or by fucking your shin when kicking your opponent.

Of some one arm bars you and it injuries you then the arm bar has worked, sean threw a kick which landed and his leg broke (due to an existing hairline fracture he hasn't rested and him kicking stupid hard) no different from a boxing bout getting stopped and declared a no contest if there an accidental clash of heads causing cuts early in the fight before theres enough rounds completed to go to score cards.

It's know it's a bugger for Sean losing like that but it was no accident. He passed a medical to fight and went in knowing about the injury. The kick was thrown with intent and was checked correctly by his opponent, shit happens, if he had broken his opponents leg he would have gotten the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumac View Post
    It's know it's a bugger for Sean losing like that but it was no accident. He passed a medical to fight and went in knowing about the injury. The kick was thrown with intent and was checked correctly by his opponent, shit happens, if he had broken his opponents leg he would have gotten the win.
    Got to say i agree with this. The kick what he threw was thrown with the intent to hurt his opponent's leg (as all leg kicks are) as it will of been taught by his coaches over the years.

His opponent will of been taught to check kicks all over the years too and he did that technique correctly so there is no means for a no contest.

Personally i think checking a leg kick is one of the most underrated techniques there it. Receiving a leg kick hurts like fuck but personally i think there is no worse pain than throwing a leg kick and having it checked correctly. Hurts like a cunt and the resulting injuries can be brutal.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

His first fight on Contender Asia was mental.

I remember coming on here years ago and getting links after every episode... there was a thread for it.

http://www.cagewarriors.com/forums/s...-Asia-Season-1

Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    Of some one arm bars you and it injuries you then the arm bar has worked, sean threw a kick which landed and his leg broke (due to an existing hairline fracture he hasn't rested and him kicking stupid hard) no different from a boxing bout getting stopped and declared a no contest if there an accidental clash of heads causing cuts early in the fight before theres enough rounds completed to go to score cards.
    It's a bullshit way to lose and I reckon he would've won if it hadn't happened but I still say it's a loss. A headbutt is illegal in boxing as it is in mma, if there's an accidental clash of heads causing a bad cut in either sport then I think it should be a no contest all day long. What your talking about is more akin to a guy breaking a finger or his arm in boxing after throwing a punch, that's not a no contest and rightly so.
    Fuck no-gi