Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: judges scoring????

Default judges scoring????

Im a big che mills fan but seriously what judge scored it 29-28 mills??????

I assume the judge that saw it that way.

A judge should score what he/she sees, not what they think happens only what they see. From there fixed position at cage side with no commentator to sway them and no replays to get a second look its harder than people think.

Totally agree dude and im only a fan not a judge so im obviously not as qualified as the actual judges at ringside just thought it waz a bit of crazy scoring. I know its a hell of a job at times and judges put themselves in the firing line everytime they judge a fight so I don't mean to slag any judges off just wondered if anyone else thot che won that fight??????

No worries, I haven't seen the fight yet so can't comment on that. Just thought it was someone else having a go at officials again, they are an easy target.

There is a post on Facebook from his team today and they said that they thought he won the first 2 rounds, after watching the fight back they accept he didn't. Again they are in a fixed position at cage side with a surprising limited view, no doubt they would have been concentrating on Che and register more of what he does and not the work of his opponent.

Also if you look at the score cards and all three judges scored it differently so it must have been a tricky fight to keep track of.
    29-28, 28-29, 30-27, thats one round of a difference on the Che winning card, having not seen the fight and looking at the scores you would think the one to question would be the 30-27 not the 29-28 to Che. That's why we use 3 judges, to get a better overview of fights not just a single opinion.

hope this helps.

Yeah it does dude thanks I actually had it 30-27 as well thats why I thot 29-28 mills was way off but just goes to show what a difficult job these judges have. Just a quick point do the 3 judges sit together or are they at different points around the cage????

Quote Originally Posted by tomtie View Post
    Yeah it does dude thanks I actually had it 30-27 as well thats why I thot 29-28 mills was way off but just goes to show what a difficult job these judges have. Just a quick point do the 3 judges sit together or are they at different points around the cage????
    They should be separated and sitting alone (although you will usually end up with one sharing a table with time keeper), this is to allow them to make their own decision. I have seen some small shows that have their judges all sitting together but it really shouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumac View Post
    No worries, I haven't seen the fight yet so can't comment on that. Just thought it was someone else having a go at officials again, they are an easy target.

There is a post on Facebook from his team today and they said that they thought he won the first 2 rounds, after watching the fight back they accept he didn't. Again they are in a fixed position at cage side with a surprising limited view, no doubt they would have been concentrating on Che and register more of what he does and not the work of his opponent.

Also if you look at the score cards and all three judges scored it differently so it must have been a tricky fight to keep track of.
    29-28, 28-29, 30-27, thats one round of a difference on the Che winning card, having not seen the fight and looking at the scores you would think the one to question would be the 30-27 not the 29-28 to Che. That's why we use 3 judges, to get a better overview of fights not just a single opinion.

hope this helps.
    Have you seen the fight yet? It seems strange taking such a defensive stance without seeing what the fuss is all about. Any result other than a win for Riddle is horrific. No amount of excuses will account for this level of incompetency.

Blue has a fair point, that fight was all Riddle, don't get me wrong I wanted Che to win but he got wrasslefucked. Going to rewatch the card tonight knowing the scores now on a couple of fights, be interesting to see if I can see where the judges were coming from in a few of them as at the time, I was perplexed.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

No I haven't had the chance to see it yet.

When I do get a chance to see it I like the OP will see it from my armchair, with the commentators, the multiple angles and slow mo replays. my view will be better than that of any official at cage side on the night, by the sound of it I will probably come to the same conclusion as everyone else but I will have all of the above to help form my opinion.

I am not being defensive about any particular fight, I am being defensive about the officials and the negativity that is thrown at them week in week out. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and the differing opinions is what makes for good interesting debate, something that I welcome and have enjoyed reading over the years on this forum. Officials are easily blamed but when you understand the job they do you see a very different side to the story.

i don't post much on here, although I do follow the forum pretty much daily, in the last year it has gone down hill for me because of the negativity and I just felt yet again that here we had someone slagging officials when they know nothing about the job they do. I realised by the OP's second post this was not the case.

Tomtie, sorry mate didn't mean to jump on my high horse. Just trying to defend a sport I love.