Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: judges scoring????

Quote Originally Posted by tomtie View Post
    Im a big che mills fan but seriously what judge scored it 29-28 mills??????
    Aaron Chatfield.

Imo it was a pretty clear 30-27 for Riddle.

Scoring was retarded, you could've watched the fight from the moon and seen it was 30-27,

You haven't seen the fight???? Why comment then?

Officials put themselves in that position and get paid for it, getting criticised when they get it wrong comes with the territory.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Rewatched it last night, still saw the Che v Riddle fight as 30-27 Riddle, so did the lad I watched it with...

However the one funny thing, which does in a way reflect the old - depends where you are sitting / viewing from - rewatched the Te Huna v Jimmo fight - on the night sat cageside I had it 10-9 Jimmo first round then 2 rounds 10-9 to Te Huna, didnt say anything to my mate but he scored it as 10-9 Jimmo first but 10-8 Te Huna in the 2nd round - also, having seen it from a different angle, I could kinda see where the 10-8 came from, Jimmo in the first landed the big kick and some GnP but the GnP was sporadic and not brutal, where in the 2nd Te Huna absolutely battered Jimmo for the 2nd half of the round, very dominant etc, as my mate mentioned if those kind of blows had been landed whilst the fight was standing it would be a 10-8 no problem.....

So, maybe the judge who gave Te Huna the 10-8 had the ideal view to see Te Huna smashing Jimmo, hence the 10-8 that seemed a bit off at the time?

Think thats the kind of thing that does show how hard the judges have it, I was there and from my angle the GnP from Te Huna didn't look as brutal as it did when watching it back with a clearer view of the action....

I think you need to see either fight before commenting on them though.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Ok watched the fight and as I expected I agree that Mills as James put it was wrestle fucked.

still doesn't change my view of things though. I watched the fight from my comfy chair on my big screen TV with multi camera shots. The judges had none of these. If you look at the score cards, judges Chatfield and Harris only disagreed on the result of one round rnd3 and Harris and Watts disagreed on rnd1, there isn't that much to separate them.

one thing is very clear to me, three judges sitting in three separate positions around a cage with three different views came up with three different decision. The system works, they all saw a different fight.

mid way through rnd3 there was a point where Riddle is in half guard on top of Mills, from the camera angle you see his right elbow moving up and down and a fan can assume that he is raining blows to the body, Mills is clearly throwing elbows to the body and leg of Riddle. Now take the camera down about a foot to the level of the judge and its a different story, first even if he can see the arm movement from Riddle the judge can not assume anything, he can see the blows from Mills so that's what he scores.

I can see where the results came from and imagine the judges for the most part sat there thinking I can't see a fucking thing here, in the end it was the right decision that came through so happy days. For what's worth I had it 29-28 Riddle, I don't think he did enough to take the first, I was very close though.

Quote Originally Posted by staffie View Post
    Scoring was retarded, you could've watched the fight from the moon and seen it was 30-27,

You haven't seen the fight???? Why comment then?

Officials put themselves in that position and get paid for it, getting criticised when they get it wrong comes with the territory.
    Officials do put themselves in that position as do fighters, when you criticise an official it's par for the course, when you do it to a fighter it's seen as a show of disrespect. We can't all fight and like it or not fighters couldn't fight without the dedication of the officials. We are human and all have off days, one thing is for sure if every fight went the distance and every official saw every fight the same way life would be boring as hell and give us nothing to talk about.

As I said, I was cage side, scored it from the view I had there 30-27 but from a different viewpoint - i.e TV, I still scored it 30-27. I did however change my mind on the scoring of the Te Huna fight having seen different angles.

Riddle dominated that fight as much as I wanted Mills to snot him. Though Mills scissor kick was rather sweet to say the least.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Pro Fighter
    Allan "No" Love
    Dinky Ninja

There's getting a different score in a tight fight that could be scored either way based on the fairly subhective hudging criteria and there's being plain wrong.

That fight was 30-27 Riddle all day every day and to score two rounds to Mills is unacceptable.

Agree that I can't see 2 rounds to Mills, like wise I don't see all 3 going to Riddle either. Just my opinion.

Think the judge on watching the replays will know he made an error. Think there should be more ex fighters judging fights like ricardo almeida in the ufc surely this would be good for the sport. Was wondering if anyone knows the background of the judge who scored for mills. Again not a witch hunt on the judge just wondering??????