Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tom Watson - UFC on FUEL TV 7 [SPOILER]

Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    It was a cracking performance. This is why,

1.He beat an undefeated fighter
    2.He took shots that would have knocked most other people out
    3.He was under HUGE pressure to win, because had he lost his UFC career would have most certainly been cut short
    4.Nedkov is a beast. Dropped from LHW and had a granite head.

Take a bow TKW. You deserved every $$$$ you were awarded. Will give him great confidence going forward.

Hard work pays and no one out there works harder than Tom.
    Best performance of the night by a British fighter, I thought he'd get beat in all honesty. Toms never gonna be one of the top guys in the division but is a great fighter to watch. Glad he got his shot in the UFC (most I know don't think he's good enough?) and good to see him getting his 1st win.

Helluva fight, Tom has serious stones, agree 100% with what Begbie said (I'm saving internet space by not quoting it again)
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I will strongly disagree that Watson would have been cut. Unless he looked absolutely hopeless. Watson is a name in England because of the Alex Reid fight and the UFC has certainly give extra chances to British guys so they have them to full UK cards.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

I'm not so sure about that at all? If he lost his first 2 fights I can definately see him getting cut and having to work his way back. Pretty sure the UFC doesn't keep many that lose their 1st 2 fights?
    With regards to him being a name due to the Reid fight I disagree with this. He's been a top local fighter for years and casual MMA fans in england wuold've known who he is. Reid may well be the best known MMA fighter amongst the general public but for being a celeb and marrying a twat rather than for fighting!

The Watson/Reid fight got a ton of press. even over here in North America. There is no way that fight didn't help Watson's profile ten fold.

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    I will strongly disagree that Watson would have been cut. Unless he looked absolutely hopeless. Watson is a name in England because of the Alex Reid fight and the UFC has certainly give extra chances to British guys so they have them to full UK cards.
    Based on who they have just released I beg to differ - Etim ( 6-5 UFC ), Mills ( 2 -2 UFC ), Sass....

IMO makes his performance even more important.
    ''All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice''

after today's spring cleaning, I am less confident in saying that Watson would still be with the UFC if he had lost last weekend.