Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi, I'm looking for gyms and academies for MMA which have a lead to Cage fight shows.

Default Hi, I'm looking for gyms and academies for MMA which have a lead to Cage fight shows.

Hi, I'm looking for gyms and academies for MMA which have a lead to Cage fight shows. I'm training hard to make myself succesful career in this kind of sport.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

First things first, you need to get down sports direct and purchase at least 10 tapout t-shirts. Tell them you are a fighter at the till and they will probably give you discount bro
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Im not here for a fun..Im looking for serious gyms, where trained Pro level fighters..

Just show up at a local gym; ask to talk to the coach and find out what shows people who train there have fought on, how recently and how they did. The research those shows/ tournaments etc That's the easiest way to find out if a place is bona fide or not
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

In Southampton, you have lumpini which has good thai guys and a decent growing BJJ team under the guidance of Nick Brooks. I trained some BJJ there this weekend, real good guys.

In Portsmouth you have Gym01. If you are looking for a gym with decent, top level mma fighters, they will be your best bet. Great facilities and they run their own very good show Shock n Awe too

You're a prob a troll but I am giving you the benefit of the doubt in my response :-)
    - KRIS BARRAS - FORCA LUTA -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    First things first, you need to get down sports direct and purchase at least 10 tapout t-shirts. Tell them you are a fighter at the till and they will probably give you discount bro
    got to work on the bench press too bro.
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

To be fair, I might have misjudged this guy and it may be appropriate for me to apologise. Instead of that, I will give some extra advice, a real tip that make sure any aspiring fighter gets off to a strong start.

Keep a low profile when you look round the local gyms. When you decide on a club, you want everyone to know not to mess you about. Before you start training, go along to watch a class.

Wait til the instructor is talking through a point of detail, so it's nice and quiet, then jump up and hit the nearest heavy bag with 10-15 of your hardest strikes. stare out anyone from the class who looks at you, then laugh and walk out, saying 'that's how it's done fellas, see you next Tuesday.'
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

And don't forget to bang bro
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Gotta bang, bro
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

purchase a couple of magazines , learn who the top fighters are then when you pitch up at your local cage fight club you can drop a few names ..

"yeah bruv, i was wiv that Cage fighter fella andersen silver a few weeks ago out in Brazil innit, we straightened a'bat tweny mugs out !! "

If you in southampton you might have to farmer it up a bit

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/