Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitch, Mills, Sass and Etim among 17 fighters released from UFC

3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Never enjoyed watching Fitch even as a hardcore fan i found him annoying/boring. But feel pretty bad for the British lads worked so hard for that dream and because a few results didn't go there way they are shown the door. Just hope they have good people around them to help them through what must be a huge low point in there life. Truly gutted for them But on a brighter note i will continue to look up to all 3 of them and I'm sure little boys and girls will still want to be a Paul sass Terry etim or Che mills when they grow up just like a lot us us wanted to be a Cantona or Ronaldo or Gazza. PS Dana letting Fitch go to a rival is a genius move Dana's new strategy don't buy out the competition give them Fitch and let him main event and watch the ratings pummel.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 21-02-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Cage Warriors should be all over Mills, Etim, Sass, Thoreson, and Gomez.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Fitch is obviously the most ridiculous cut, but Sass might be the most surprising since they are clearly trying to expand in the UK and he was arguably the most promising British prospect in the UFC. I mean he obviously needs some work, but are they not in the business of building fighters anymore? And they hardly wasted any time throwing him in there with vets like Volkmann, Wiman, Castillo, etc. Even had him scheduled to fight Dunham at one point. Strange call IMO, maybe they felt like they had to with some of the other ruthless cuts they made.

So it was Joe who made the cuts and not Dana according to Volkman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Fitch

^ His record update made me spit coffee out lol...

Loss to Dana White via Cut.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

ah man, just saw on MMAW his last fight before Maia - he absolutely BATTERED Erik Silva, a big up-and-coming prospect, and he got fight of the night for that.

so, he destroys an up-and-coming youngster with big hype, gets dominated on the floor by one of the very best BJJ MMA guys in the entire world, still gets cut.

really savage. I read on another board that zuffa employees were allegedly celebrating after he was KTFO by Hendricks.

still, 'Broke' Fitch will no doubt fight like a wildman in his next contest.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Sass and Etim will be back like Tupac- young, quality fighters. Jon Fitch can fuck off. The amount of boring shit that guy made me sit through is unforgivable... and his beard is unacceptably scruffy.

Fortunately Jim, Fitch has earnt a wedge fighting with the UFC over the past few years including that 70,000 bonus, I don't see his family being too worried at this moment about it especially as Bellator will probably snap him up.

The rest of the guys I feel for, a lot of people being cut, a lot of families potentially scraping by.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    So it was Joe who made the cuts and not Dana according to Volkman.
    Think it's Joe making the cuts. He has to get it down to the required number.

Dana just keeps giving out Contracts. Has said the entire cast for this season's TUF will get one.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency