Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitch, Mills, Sass and Etim among 17 fighters released from UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post

Dana just keeps giving out Contracts. Has said the entire cast for this season's TUF will get one.
    They will probably all be covered by the money saved on Fitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    They will probably all be covered by the money saved on Fitch.
    True. They have top tiered earners who dominate the PPV and are highly marketable then probably a few in the same band as Fitch whereby they are not that marketable and probably never get a shot at a belt again.

The guys who are coming in will be on peanuts probably and 1 fight deals and will be used to go up against others who's UFC careers are on the line, then it will be 1 in 1 out with those guys and an overall cut of guys that are similar to Fitch. He must have got paid real well from the UFC.

I bet he was offered reduced terms on his contract and declined, like a 50% reduction as they are probably looking across all areas and trying to make cuts in certain areas
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

whats crazy is Leonard Garcia is still in the UFC with 4 straight losses. Granted one was a FOTN, but still......

UFC want entertainment. Only Lay and Pray if you are going to win
    ''All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice''

Thing is, the UFC don't want someone like Garcia going to another org as he will put bums on seats as everyone knows he is exciting, Fitch gets paid top dollar and rarely delivers excitement, plus he can knock off contenders which doesnt benefit the UFC. It sucks because yes he is a top fighter and they shouldn't ever be penalised for being boring, but Fitch is easily the biggest example of that. I would be interested to know if they offered him a lesser deal though, but you also have to ask, who else would ever pay Fitch the kind of money he earnt in the UFC - he won't sell PPV and doesn't put bums on seats outside of the hardcore - I would bet Garcia is more of a money generator than Fitch sadly.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Thing is, the UFC don't want someone like Garcia going to another org as he will put bums on seats as everyone knows he is exciting, Fitch gets paid top dollar and rarely delivers excitement, plus he can knock off contenders which doesnt benefit the UFC. It sucks because yes he is a top fighter and they shouldn't ever be penalised for being boring, but Fitch is easily the biggest example of that. I would be interested to know if they offered him a lesser deal though, but you also have to ask, who else would ever pay Fitch the kind of money he earnt in the UFC - he won't sell PPV and doesn't put bums on seats outside of the hardcore - I would bet Garcia is more of a money generator than Fitch sadly.
    If Bellator are paying guys like Alvarez $200,000 I'd imagine they'd pay Fitch $60,000... A fight with Askren could be cool for the wrestling fans.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

right, i will try to find out the released payroll figures for the last few Fitch fights - ha, I'm guessing he wasn't paid a huge amount of under the table money. brb
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    right, i will try to find out the released payroll figures for the last few Fitch fights - ha, I'm guessing he wasn't paid a huge amount of under the table money. brb
    Vs Maia he got $66,000
    Vs Hendricks he got $60,000
    Vs Thiago Alves he got $56,000

Vs Penn and Silva I don't know but thats what he got within his last 5 outings.

He has no where else to turn though so if Bellator offered him $30,000 I'd expect him to have to take it.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jon-Fitch-4865

last time he finished someone - 2007. since then, 8 decision wins, 2 decision losses, KTFO by Hendricks and draw with 'Motivated' Penn.

UFC 156 vs Maia - 66k

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC...-Paydays-49739

UFC 153 - Erik Silva - $190,000 ($60,000 to show, $60,000 win bonus, $70,000 Fight of the Night bonus)

http://www.mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fig...-salaries.html

UFC 141 vs Hendrinks (ouch) $60,000

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2011/1...illion-payroll

UFC 127 BJ Penn - 60K

http://www.mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fig...ting-rich.html

UFC 117 vs Alves $108,000 (includes $54,000 win bonus)

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2010/0...ighter-payroll

haha ah man, fuck this, I'm going outside

*walks off in a huff*

Doubled when he got a win I presume? -EDIT ah didnt see your second post inc win bonus's...

Granted its not massive money but if doubled with a win, over a 100k per fight - thats the same salary as probably 5 kids off TUF including win bonus's, Fitch will never earn them revenue so they probably cut their losses on someone can knock off challengers - they cant just feed him cans and pay him 100k a pop, so they would have to match him up with contenders, which if he beats them, knackers them pushing the new dudes up the ladder, they dont want Fitch in a title shot again I imagine either, sucks in all fairness but sadly I understand it, not sure I agree with it but...if canning Fitch had meant it bought the likes of Sass, Etim etc more time, I would have been all for it, lets just hope his sacrifice has given a couple of dudes at least one more run out....
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.