Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Fitch, Mills, Sass and Etim among 17 fighters released from UFC

Be interesting to see how a lot of this weekend's fighters fight this weekend with the mass cull just happening and also with the announcement that they was rid of like another 100 in 2013 alone.

14 of the fighters on this weekend's card are either coming off losses or have lost recently.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Luckily not all the Brits lost on the London card as if Watson, Harris and Ogle dropped Losses then it could have been another 3 on that list! which could have been 6 UK guys dropped at the same time.

I wonder what will happen to the likes of Fletcher and Parke if they lose their next fight? as other than them 2 there is only Pearson in at LW. I know it is the strongest division in the UFC but they are not the best in the UK IMO. I suppose with Parke you have the N Irish following which if they are to do something in N Ireland could be good for them and Fletcher is one of the biggest characters to come out of the UK.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Have a read of this:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...t-entertained/

Nice little blog on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Have a read of this:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...t-entertained/

Nice little blog on the situation.
    Good read, I like to post (If Fitch fought Pride rules I wonder how many finishes he'd have lol)

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Wicked read
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Gutted for Sass and Terry buy they'll both be back. With Etim you still have one of the more exciting fighters at lw- sick movement and striking with an aggressive ground game, and Paul Sass- Had people talking about him from the get go and was even bringing new fans attention to the sport. Not many fighters are willing to pull guard and chase subs the way he does-especially at that level. One of the best stand up coaches there is,can wait to see how he comes on over the next year or 2.
    Think Che Mills didnt get a chance to develop and show what he's about,think the first couple of fights in the UFC can make or break how a fighter looks depending on how they're matched.
    And Fitch.... Regardless of what people think about him,he's fucking top 5 for a reason and since the UFC is the proving ground for the worlds BEST as well as the most exciting he should have a place somewhere.
    BTW, I love Garcia and he is always in exciting fights so fair do's keeping him in- but why not Sass too? He's as aggressive as leonard is chasing the KO, just he chases a different finish-Lot of fighters throw caution to the wind to go at it on the feet,not seen too many jumping guard at top level and putting themselves in a worse position for a chance to pull off a great submission.

Partridge dude, agree 100% but sadly the likes of Garcia will always have a job because they "stand and bang" , in 20-30 years time when the sport is fully established within the mainstream (I hope) and people understand the sick ground game the likes of Sass have, then hopefully it will be as exciting for the generic viewer as it is the hardcore, but at the moment, yeah stand and punch and be punched and thats the winning formula still
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Dont get me wrong striking battles are great and I love watching K1 shows too, but even with Fitch- wrestling tech aside, just to watch someone mentally give up and see how relentless and constant he is is impressive. its just the waiting 4-5 rounds for it thats all
    I never seens Sass' debut live so stayed offline till the next day, and one of me mates whos "not into cage fightin,am a boxer innit" mentioned that he seen a lad "tie the other one up with his whole body an strangle him"- not a fan,no clue about BJJ but still found the fight and his style exciting. I'm not comparing his skills to Maia's on the ground,but I reckon a lot of people new to MMA would be more interested in the way Sass was using his grappling in the UFC then watching an effortless pass off Maia.

just interested where the required roster number of 260 come from? Does that break down into a specific number per eight category?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyNasty View Post
    just interested where the required roster number of 260 come from? Does that break down into a specific number per eight category?
    Fighters Only explained it yesterday.

UFC contracts generally offer fighters three bouts per year. With around 33 events per year and 24 fighters on each card, that allows the UFC to have around 260 fighters on the roster.

If the UFC does not give a fighter the contracted number of fights, they are required to make them a payment or be in breach of contract and open to legal action.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency