Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Fitch, Mills, Sass and Etim among 17 fighters released from UFC

Dana discusses the cuts as part of the pre-fight media scrum here.

http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/news...-100-releases/
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

After hearing the ^^^above interview^^^ it seems that now is the time to be ruthless for the UFC, it seems that they want to move away from Pro Wrestling fighter styles and instead looking for more rounded fighters to push the brand forward on a global basis. It makes sense as you would rather see 2 well rounded fighters facing off rather than 1 involving a Wrestler trying to neutralize the others game. I think Dana is going to start giving these Pro Wrestling guys some real tough fights now.

You look at Teixtera v Bader, that is tailored made for a KO against a Wrestler then Bader will probably be cut.

With the recent news of regular events in the UK & Ire it will be interesting to see what strategy they adopt for UK & Ire fighters going forward as they will need some of these guys to be fighting on UK & Ire cards especially if we get annual events in London, Manchester, Dublin, Belfast and Glasgow
    Last edited by jim2007; 22-02-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

From what it sounded like to me it sounds like there is going to quite a lot of big named free agents floating about this year.

I wonder if Faber has saw this interview and knows this weekend could be a bad one for him.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Incredible that Fitch has gone, though he's never winning the title and got well beat at his own game against Maia. Maybe this way he finally gets to be a champion in another organisation. Personally though I won't miss him, find his fighting style almost unwatchable.
    I think time away form the UFC could be beneficial for Paul and terry and expect them both to come back. Still think sass can be one of the bes fighters in the world at his weight.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

to be fair, his relatively recent win over Silva was a vicious and entertaining beatdown. At least he's not pissing about, bouncing around out of range. Guida is fucking history if he ever loses.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Agree about Guida. Think there could be a few twitchy bums in the Jackson camp given danas views in the past and going by the recent cuts.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

haha genuine hearty laughter on that one. Squeaky, high pitched guffs all round. I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what is said at their next pep talk.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Guida has always been entertaining... His fight with Sanchez was fucking awesome, against Maynard he just didn't want to get taken down, he was fairly good against Hioki last time out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Guida has always been entertaining... His fight with Sanchez was fucking awesome, against Maynard he just didn't want to get taken down, he was fairly good against Hioki last time out.
    Is this a joke?
    He's the most boring fighter in the ufc, head banging and repeatedly pushing your shoulder in people's faces does not make you good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post

If the UFC does not give a fighter the contracted number of fights, they are required to make them a payment or be in breach of contract and open to legal action.
    That could explain shitloads in that one sentence.
    Boxing Equipment - train hard - fight easy