• Aldo beats Pettis, loses to Henderson

2 20.00%
  • Aldo beats Pettis, loses to Melendez

0 0%
  • Injuries ruin everything

2 20.00%
  • who cares? not me.

0 0%

Thread: Pettis FW shot / Aldo LW shot ???

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default Pettis FW shot / Aldo LW shot ???

this is interesting enough.

First of all, it sounds like Aldo was not keen to give Pettis a shot at the FW title:

As it looked certain that Anthony Pettis would finally get his shot at the UFC title, the word coming out of the camp of UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo is that he’s refusing to fight Pettis, according to UFC president Dana White

“Jose Aldo came out and said there’s no way in hell I’m fighting Pettis,” White revealed following UFC 157. “He’s absolutely refusing to fight Pettis; he doesn’t think he deserves the shot."
    frightening quote from the end of that article:

“I wouldn’t want to fight Pettis either,” White continued. “He’s absolutely refusing to fight Pettis. The fight is on. He’s going to fight Pettis or he’s not going to like how this turns out.”
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/jose-aldo-r...he-deserves-it

Then the news comes through that Aldo will in fact defend against Pettis in August:

White relayed that he spoke with UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo’s manager and trainer, Andre Pederneiras, who confirmed that Aldo had agreed to fight Anthony Pettis on Aug. 3 as originally planned.

“The Aldo/Pettis fight is done,” said White. “The fight is on. The fight is done, in August.”
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/jose-aldo-s...anthony-pettis

Then more interesting news. Queue jumping isn't such an issue, it would seem, if you are the one who gets to the front first.

Shortly after White confirmed that Aldo had agreed to put his UFC featherweight title on the line against Pettis, Brazilian website Tatame.com spoke with Aldo, who said that his demand was simple. If Pettis, like Frankie Edgar, was granted a title shot in his 145-pound debut, then Aldo wanted a 155-pound title shot in return if he is victorious over that division’s No. 1 contender.

White agreed, and the deal was done.
    Benson Henderson currently holds the lightweight belt, but has a bout on tap with Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez at UFC on Fox 7 on April 20.
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-lightwe...anthony-pettis

Can't blame him. This could make for an incredible pair of fights; assuming that Aldo can get past Pettis, he would take on either Henderson or Melendez for the Lightweight title..

what do you think is going to happen?
    Last edited by Jimmy Boogaloo; 26-02-2013 at 01:10 PM.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Am liking all the proposed 'super fights' in 2013, just hope they actually come off!

Pettis has all the size and tools to beat Aldo and Melendez has been one of my favourite fighters for years now would love to see them two end up champs but its all very close... Anderson will spank Jones tho

Awesome stuff! 2013, year of the superfight!

Wouldn't be surprised to see the injury bug give us all a big fuck you though.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Pettis defeats both the Featherweight and Lightweight Champions to become the first multi divisional Champion?

I think he beats both Aldo and Henderson.

Aldo beats Pettis.

not sure how he does against the LW champ however.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Aldo beats pettis but comes up short against henderson. Henderson most under rated champ in the ufc!!!

Aldo runs through Pettis and has a 5 round war with Henderson who wins is anyone's guess.

Cant wait for this fight. Think Aldo beats pettis and Benson. Feel sorry for guys like Swanson, Lamas and Jung though. What do they have to do to get a shot? Maybe move up to Lightweight!