Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oh wow, King Mo got done over

Hybrid View

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default oh wow, King Mo got done over

I just imagined he'd smash everyone. lazy thinking. DFW must be wetting himself laughing

King Mo Lawal vs. Emanuel Newton
    Trying to fight his way into the light heavyweight final opposite Mikhail Zayats, Emanuel Newton started in with various punch combinations and kicks early against King Mo Lawal.

Lawal relied on his ever-refining boxing skills, used a lot of head movement and footwork to avoid most of Newton’s attacks, but regularly left his hands a little low.

Newton connected on a couple of big punches early in the round, but Lawal wasn’t fazed.

When Newton threw and missed with an overhand right, however, his follow-up spinning backfist did connect. It landed on Lawal’s chin, putting him out on his feet. Newton caught Lawal as he drifted towards the canvas, but he was already unconscious, the referee stepping in before Newton and Lawal settled to the mat.

With the win, Emanuel Newton moves on to the light heavyweight final opposite Zayats, while Bellator’s marquee signing goes back to the drawing board.

“Mikhail is gonna be tough, he’s a beast,” said Newton after the fight. “I’m very happy that me and him made it to the finals together. It’s gonna be a good, respectful battle, but it’s gonna be a battle.”
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/bellator-90...hrones-king-mo
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

That was amazing! I don't like fighters who don't defend themselves and keep their hands up.

It was like a slow motion KO!
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

I like how Newton caught Lawal and carefully lowered him to the mat lol.

are there any fighters who are better off keeping their hands down?

in Boxing, Naseem Hamed was genuinely better off doing that to the most part. Can't think of anyone else. certainly not in MMA.

can you think of anyone?
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    are there any fighters who are better off keeping their hands down?

in Boxing, Naseem Hamed was genuinely better off doing that to the most part. Can't think of anyone else. certainly not in MMA.

can you think of anyone?
    Anderson??
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

So both King Mo and Overeem decide they'd be best served by doing a second-rate Ali impression and got KO'd for it? Methinks something in the Blackzillians striking training needs a bit of re-thinking.

i think he knocked a few people out in sparring and thought he was anderson silva, disrespected his opponent and got his deserts

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    i think he knocked a few people out in sparring and thought he was anderson silva, disrespected his opponent and got his deserts
    Happened with Rashad & Kos & I'm sure many others I can't think of.
    They land a few heavy shots or score a few decent KO's & think they're suddenly world class strikers & don't focus on the grappling. forgetting that often it was the threat of the wrestling that set up the KO's in the first place.

Still a big shock though, bellator must be livid as I presume King Mo didn't come cheap.
    Also a warning for all the guys cut (or about to be cut) by Zuffa. Just cause the guy isn't in the Octagon or got a big name doesn't mean he can't fight.

Oh yeah, ha, that guy