Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Independent Fighters???

Default Independent Fighters???

Ive seen many post saying independed fighter, stuff like that what or how does that work? are the fighters who train etc at home and do they get many fights? And is there any well known 'independed fighters?'

from what i've experienced there are two types of independent fighter;

type A: a guy who doesn't train.

type B: a guy who trains at many gyms and doesnt want to tied down to 'fighting out of' a specific gym.

i dislike both because of type a.

16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Who is matching this boy up??? Seriously after watching this video above its plain to see that boy shouldnt have been in with those guys. Thats bad for the sport and gives the critics of mma some serious ammo :-(

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Whenever I hear a fighter is independent, I always assume they have a limited ground game and that the trained guy will blast him out on the floor. Doesn't always happen, sometimes they get blasted on their feet

That's glib, but it really seems to make sense to join a team before competing if you possibly can. Fair play to fighters who can do well without any team backing.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Damian Grabowski i technically classed as an independent fighter as he trains with many camps, remember him saying that at the MMC press conference. So in that respect, it is possible to get to a high level without tying yourself down to a specific team. However, on the whole, independent guys are usually shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtie View Post
    Who is matching this boy up??? Seriously after watching this video above its plain to see that boy shouldnt have been in with those guys. Thats bad for the sport and gives the critics of mma some serious ammo :-(
    It's worse when you see established pro fighters being matched up with him.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    It's worse when you see established pro fighters being matched up with him.
    Yea and I get abused for wanting to fight pro on my blog there's no way in hell I am as bad as Allen LOL.

Edit and before anyone says at least he has a go i don't respect him doing it or think its brave i mean lets be honest how many full on wars has he had in all them fights and how many ended in the first round?
    Last edited by Babycakes; 24-02-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Yea and I get abused for wanting to fight pro on my blog there's no way in hell I am as bad as Allen LOL.

Edit and before anyone says at least he has a go i don't respect him doing it or think its brave i mean lets be honest how many full on wars has he had in all them fights and how many ended in the first round?
    Please correct me if I am wrong but were you not the chap on another thread sticking up for Mike Persil fighting? Yet you seem to be having a dig here at Allen.
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by DanWelsh View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong but were you not the chap on another thread sticking up for Mike Persil fighting? Yet you seem to be having a dig here at Allen.
    Well if Im a hypocrite i guess I fit in pretty well around here hey. :P Hows the ground game coming along i look forward to your next fight to see how its coming along bro.