Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Independent Fighters???

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanWelsh View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong but were you not the chap on another thread sticking up for Mike Persil fighting? Yet you seem to be having a dig here at Allen.
    Ouch... Crash and burn.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Babycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    To many trolls
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Ouch... Crash and burn.
    Not really I understood Mikes reasons he was a old guy who wanted one last bit of fun before he got to old. Its not Mikes fault the people who are supposed to care about fighters fed him to there young lions to please the chav crowd. And all he got on here was abuse i mean if someone tells you to pack something in do you do it or do you try prove the doubters wrong? Mike had a short spell in the sport while Allen has been around for a long time and things are by no means getting better. I honestly feel whoever runs this sport in this country should make a rule lose 5 in a row and you cant fight pro again until you prove to us you have improved by fighting in lower rule sets. Some of the records iv seen are a joke your not a hero or warrior for stepping in the cage knowing your probs going to get taken down and lose. In my eyes a warrior is somebody who does everything in there power to train all aspects of the sport and has a mind set of i know i will win this nothing can stop me. Not training on the ground leaves that little bit of doubt in your mind. Lets get real most guys who just turn up for a pay check don't get hurt they take a few shots and curl up its all over the scene there's no denying it what's brave about that.
    Last edited by Babycakes; 24-02-2013 at 02:57 PM.

  3. #13

    Default

    So its ok for Mike because you understand his reasons......What about Allens reasons? Maybe he also has, what you would deem a valid reason?

    Not sticking up for Allen but surely you should treat both fighters with the same open mind?

    And your comment about my "ground game coming along"? Why would it be coming along? Surely I have to actively work on it to improve?

    And keep up my friend, I have had 2 fights since you first mentioned my ground game in my thread that you clearly misconstrued

    Just read your training blog.......surely your trolling it? Come on be honest
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

  4. #14

    Default

    Werent you supposed to be fighting K1 tonight but pulled out injured due to fighting mma last night ???

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    glasgow scotland
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Yea and I get abused for wanting to fight pro on my blog there's no way in hell I am as bad as Allen LOL.

    Edit and before anyone says at least he has a go i don't respect him doing it or think its brave i mean lets be honest how many full on wars has he had in all them fights and how many ended in the first round?
    Im no slagging the boy for wanting to have a go and do what he obviously loves doing but the ppl who are matching him up. If you're no very good fight somebody who is on your same sort of level. This sport is all about finding your level if I want to watch mismatches I can switch on some old wwf matches from the 80s :-)

  6. #16
    Senior Member Babycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    To many trolls
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanWelsh View Post
    So its ok for Mike because you understand his reasons......What about Allens reasons? Maybe he also has, what you would deem a valid reason?

    Not sticking up for Allen but surely you should treat both fighters with the same open mind?

    And your comment about my "ground game coming along"? Why would it be coming along? Surely I have to actively work on it to improve?

    And keep up my friend, I have had 2 fights since you first mentioned my ground game in my thread that you clearly misconstrued

    Just read your training blog.......surely your trolling it? Come on be honest
    No mate my blog isn't a troll blog my Thai is nowhere near your level but i seriously think you should show the sport more respect by taking short notice fights just because you have a well respected Thai background if someone like you can take short notice fights pro rules knowing fine well if it goes to the ground its over then I fancy the chances of someone like myself who is pretty well rounded and has around 7 years judo experience along with other grappling and boxing. My blog is mainly about my fitness levels and anything else i want to throw in there before I fight. Lets see how i do before giving me shit about my blog.

    Others might respect you for taking all these fights but in my opinion you mainly care about money and not the sport as if you did you would avoid the big names and fight your own level and work your way up like everyone else.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    glasgow scotland
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    No mate my blog isn't a troll blog my Thai is nowhere near your level but i seriously think you should show the sport more respect by taking short notice fights just because you have a well respected Thai background if someone like you can take short notice fights pro rules knowing fine well if it goes to the ground its over then I fancy the chances of someone like myself who is pretty well rounded and has around 7 years judo experience along with other grappling and boxing. My blog is mainly about my fitness levels and anything else i want to throw in there before I fight. Lets see how i do before giving me shit about my blog.

    Others might respect you for taking all these fights but in my opinion you mainly care about money and not the sport as if you did you would avoid the big names and fight your own level and work your way up like everyone else.
    All about levels :-D

  8. #18
    Senior Member THE EQUALIZER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    'The Agency' - Call 212 555 4200
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty_82 View Post
    Werent you supposed to be fighting K1 tonight but pulled out injured due to fighting mma last night ???
    That is out of order, if true.

    The Pete Irving fight has been in the pipeline for a while now and another fight taken at such short notice.

    So Pete now doesn't get paid due to someone else's bad decision making and greed?! what is MMA coming to. Normally I respect Dan for getting in there are offering a solution to alot of show's late pull outs but that is taking the biscuit.

    Was there anything in the contract that stipulated no fight within a certain period?
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    No mate my blog isn't a troll blog my Thai is nowhere near your level but i seriously think you should show the sport more respect by taking short notice fights just because you have a well respected Thai background if someone like you can take short notice fights pro rules knowing fine well if it goes to the ground its over then I fancy the chances of someone like myself who is pretty well rounded and has around 7 years judo experience along with other grappling and boxing. My blog is mainly about my fitness levels and anything else i want to throw in there before I fight. Lets see how i do before giving me shit about my blog.

    Others might respect you for taking all these fights but in my opinion you mainly care about money and not the sport as if you did you would avoid the big names and fight your own level and work your way up like everyone else.
    If you want him to show respect and you fancy your chances I think it should get sorted out...


    Babycakes vs Wolverine

  10. #20

    Default

    Babycakes-
    Me fighting pro has no relevance to my background in Thai. I thought as a pro in Thai yes but didn't start as a pro in MMA. I have fought at all levels in MMA (am,semi,NSAC and pro).

    My ground game is better than most people think (granted I know I don't always showcase this lol). I am sure the likes of Jay Furness and James Saville will vouch for that. I have been the distance with people with good ground skills and have finished fights by submission. I actually started my pro MMA career with a fight team. It was MY choice to fight independently.

    Unfortunately is doesn't come down to respect for the sport for me. I do what I do for a reason and that reason will stay my priority until my situation chances. I wish that wasn't the case but it is. I don't want nor need respect for what I do. It is what it is! There will always be a need for people like me in this game, its a shame but its true. The sport isn't in the state its in because of me though.

    If i could train twice a day, select fights sensibly and make a career out of it I WOULD!(but life isnt that simple)

    Oh...and most of my fights are scheduled well in advance....short notice ones just fill gaps (I like to help promoters out)

    The Equalizer-
    Its not as black and white as that mate.

    Both fights have been planned for some time, the one last night was actually booked first. I won the fight quickly but unfortunately knocked an old injury.

    The injury got worse over night. I contacted the promoter first thing to let him know. I was actually planning to still fight once I had it checked out hoping I could have a quick fix. The promoter needed an answer there and then as Pete was travelling from London so I had no choice but to pull out.

    I am gutted I had to do that. Not something I make a habit of and its a shit feeling when you have to do that.

    Me taking 2 fights has nothing to do with greed, nor making bad decisions. I fight most weekends, I have fought consecutive days and even more than one fight on the same day and this hasn't happened.......It was just bad luck this happened and unfortunately both the promoter and Pete have suffered.

    This certainly wasn't intentional I am truely sorry to all it has effected!!!

    And no contract was signed
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.