Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Independent Fighters???

I'd be more worried about the health implications of fighting in an all out competition ( as opposed to sparring) on two to three consecutive days than anything else.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

To be fair I do actually bail out promoters alot of the time. There has been times where after having 5 fights in 3 weeks I have fought.......hmm could do with a day/weekend off.........but then the phone rings and a nice promoter asks if i can take a fight at 84kg lol........GO ON THEN, SEEN AS ITS YOU i say hahaha

I wouldn't say I make "alot" of money but the reason I make "as much" as I do is based on the fact I often fight more than once in a weekend.

In all honesty the issue isn't/shouldn't be because I fought twice in a weekend. Booking more than 1 fight in a 2 week period or even a month is wrong! The problem is that it just so happens I had to pull out due to injury (something that doesn't usually happen). It wasnt just Pete that was effected, so was the promoter and for that I am sorry.....however I also was without a wage.

But like I said, I will make sure that doesn't happen again. Whether that's because I don't book 2 in a weekend or I get injured one night and fight the following night with a leg missing lol..........The show will go on!!!!!
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

And like I said in my first post, I was actually still going to fight Pete with the injury. However the promoter needed to know on the spot whilst I was in hospital as Pete was traveling from London, so we had to make the call and it was decided it was best to pull it!

I fight with injuries most of the time lol, its just sods law this has seemed to cause a stir here

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I said argue what you wish, I gave my stand point on it and he is... If he's offered 600 as a late stand in against a ticket seller thats done 2000 in tickets... has he not bailed out the promoter who'd lose out on that money?... I'm not getting into an argument I've just made my original comment you slated more constructive, therefore its point over and discussion over cause you can't argue an opinion is wrong.

He's going to fight twice in 2 days again, I once ''''witnessed''' with my own two eyes Shaun Lomas fight 4 times in 3 days!!
    All about money with a lot of you couldnt give a shit about the sport just want the money its just like boxing was a few years ago all about the

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    All about money with a lot of you couldnt give a shit about the sport just want the money its just like boxing was a few years ago all about the
    Its not a case of not giving a shit.......not for me anyway. Its just peoples circumstances and reasoning differ!

Quote Originally Posted by DanWelsh View Post
    Its not a case of not giving a shit.......not for me anyway. Its just peoples circumstances and reasoning differ!
    He hasn't the knowledge to comprehend it, we've discussed this before.