Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Independent Fighters???

  1. #21
    Senior Member Babycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    To many trolls
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanWelsh View Post
    Babycakes-
    Me fighting pro has no relevance to my background in Thai. I thought as a pro in Thai yes but didn't start as a pro in MMA. I have fought at all levels in MMA (am,semi,NSAC and pro).

    My ground game is better than most people think (granted I know I don't always showcase this lol). I am sure the likes of Jay Furness and James Saville will vouch for that. I have been the distance with people with good ground skills and have finished fights by submission. I actually started my pro MMA career with a fight team. It was MY choice to fight independently.

    Unfortunately is doesn't come down to respect for the sport for me. I do what I do for a reason and that reason will stay my priority until my situation chances. I wish that wasn't the case but it is. I don't want nor need respect for what I do. It is what it is! There will always be a need for people like me in this game, its a shame but its true. The sport isn't in the state its in because of me though.

    If i could train twice a day, select fights sensibly and make a career out of it I WOULD!(but life isnt that simple)

    Oh...and most of my fights are scheduled well in advance....short notice ones just fill gaps (I like to help promoters out)

    The Equalizer-
    Its not as black and white as that mate.

    Both fights have been planned for some time, the one last night was actually booked first. I won the fight quickly but unfortunately knocked an old injury.

    The injury got worse over night. I contacted the promoter first thing to let him know. I was actually planning to still fight once I had it checked out hoping I could have a quick fix. The promoter needed an answer there and then as Pete was travelling from London so I had no choice but to pull out.

    I am gutted I had to do that. Not something I make a habit of and its a shit feeling when you have to do that.

    Me taking 2 fights has nothing to do with greed, nor making bad decisions. I fight most weekends, I have fought consecutive days and even more than one fight on the same day and this hasn't happened.......It was just bad luck this happened and unfortunately both the promoter and Pete have suffered.

    This certainly wasn't intentional I am truely sorry to all it has effected!!!

    And no contract was signed
    Very mature and honest reply mate thank you. x

  2. #22
    Senior Member Babycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    To many trolls
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    If you want him to show respect and you fancy your chances I think it should get sorted out...


    Babycakes vs Wolverine
    hell no lol im still hoping of having a rumble with lee cage though haha
    Last edited by Babycakes; 24-02-2013 at 07:46 PM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member partridge3834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    liverpool england
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    No mate my blog isn't a troll blog my Thai is nowhere near your level but i seriously think you should show the sport more respect by taking short notice fights just because you have a well respected Thai background if someone like you can take short notice fights pro rules knowing fine well if it goes to the ground its over then I fancy the chances of someone like myself who is pretty well rounded and has around 7 years judo experience along with other grappling and boxing. My blog is mainly about my fitness levels and anything else i want to throw in there before I fight. Lets see how i do before giving me shit about my blog.

    Others might respect you for taking all these fights but in my opinion you mainly care about money and not the sport as if you did you would avoid the big names and fight your own level and work your way up like everyone else.


    Makes a blog about training,decides not to mention 7 year background in judo till a thread about indie fighters....

    In fact that 1 paragraph holds more (bullshit) info relavent to a training blog than the 20 odd pages in "the true underdog story"

  4. #24
    Senior Member Babycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    To many trolls
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by partridge3834 View Post
    Makes a blog about training,decides not to mention 7 year background in judo till a thread about indie fighters....

    In fact that 1 paragraph holds more (bullshit) info relavent to a training blog than the 20 odd pages in "the true underdog story"
    Thats because you was rude Difference between me and you Troll is at least i got the guts to follow my dreams and have a go i will think of your poor troll posts as my arm gets raised

  5. #25
    Senior Member THE EQUALIZER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    'The Agency' - Call 212 555 4200
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanWelsh View Post
    The Equalizer-
    Its not as black and white as that mate.

    Both fights have been planned for some time, the one last night was actually booked first. I won the fight quickly but unfortunately knocked an old injury.

    The injury got worse over night. I contacted the promoter first thing to let him know. I was actually planning to still fight once I had it checked out hoping I could have a quick fix. The promoter needed an answer there and then as Pete was travelling from London so I had no choice but to pull out.

    I am gutted I had to do that. Not something I make a habit of and its a shit feeling when you have to do that.

    Me taking 2 fights has nothing to do with greed, nor making bad decisions. I fight most weekends, I have fought consecutive days and even more than one fight on the same day and this hasn't happened.......It was just bad luck this happened and unfortunately both the promoter and Pete have suffered.

    This certainly wasn't intentional I am truely sorry to all it has effected!!!

    And no contract was signed
    I don't think you did it intentially. I appreciate the fact that you take on alot of fights but IMO taking a fight on a Saturday night and a Sunday is a very bad thing to do and it shows a disrespect to your Sunday opponent. If you took the Saturday fight first then you shouldnt have taken the Sunday fight. Surely you can see that you have disrespected your opponent as youve had to pull out.

    I don't buy that whole "really sorry". Forward think and at least going forward dont book multiple fights in a weekend. At least if you were fighting the week before then Pete would have had 6 days to find an opponent and have the opportunity to get paid. He had no opportunity to get paid by pulling out on the day. I understand that as much was done ones you realised that you wouldnt be able to fight but it all too late.
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

  6. #26

    Default

    Taking the fights so close together wasn't me showing either opponent disrespect but I understand what your saying.

    Luckily this hasn't happened before but it has been a life lesson and I wont make the same mistake again!

    Hopefully me and Pete can have a spin another day I will ensure I book nothing in before
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

  7. #27
    Senior Member THE EQUALIZER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    'The Agency' - Call 212 555 4200
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanWelsh View Post
    Taking the fights so close together wasn't me showing either opponent disrespect but I understand what your saying.

    Luckily this hasn't happened before but it has been a life lesson and I wont make the same mistake again!

    Hopefully me and Pete can have a spin another day I will ensure I book nothing in before
    I know you didn't do it intentially but your need to take 2 fights in 1 weekend ended up with a fellow professional without a fight/payday.

    I appreciate that you are open and honest about it so won't harp on about it. Glad, as you say, it won't happen again
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

  8. #28

    Default

    He's sorry, yes it's a shame that one fighter didn't get paid... Pretty sure the 30 occasions where's he bailed out promoters makes up for it, argue what you wish.

  9. #29
    Senior Member THE EQUALIZER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    'The Agency' - Call 212 555 4200
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    He's sorry, yes it's a shame that one fighter didn't get paid... Pretty sure the 30 occasions where's he bailed out promoters makes up for it, argue what you wish.
    Dude, he's not "bailing" out Promoters as such. He's getting paid alot of money for doing what he does. He does it for the .

    Can you not see what is wrong here? Danny has even held his hands up to say he won't do it again.

    If you going to argue about something at least make it constructive.

    He should not have taken 2 fights in a weekend, end of.
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE EQUALIZER View Post
    Dude, he's not "bailing" out Promoters as such. He's getting paid alot of money for doing what he does. He does it for the .

    Can you not see what is wrong here? Danny has even held his hands up to say he won't do it again.

    If you going to argue about something at least make it constructive.

    He should not have taken 2 fights in a weekend, end of.
    I said argue what you wish, I gave my stand point on it and he is... If he's offered 600 as a late stand in against a ticket seller thats done 2000 in tickets... has he not bailed out the promoter who'd lose out on that money?... I'm not getting into an argument I've just made my original comment you slated more constructive, therefore its point over and discussion over cause you can't argue an opinion is wrong.

    He's going to fight twice in 2 days again, I once ''''witnessed''' with my own two eyes Shaun Lomas fight 4 times in 3 days!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.