Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about the Pro B Class rule set?

Default Question about the Pro B Class rule set?

Ok I get that it's basically full rules without elbows, yes it's not a real rule set but its been adopted but shouldn't they still be 5 minutes long?

Just looking at the results thread on the board and someone's just won by UD at '3:00' of Round 3...??

Never seen any MMA bouts over 3 minutes. Even amateur bouts are usually 4 minutes.
    Why do shows insist on making up their own rule sets that bear no resemblance to any other shows anywhere.

I don't know but as they're being accepted, surely a fighter could build up a serious record fighting 3 minute rounds?

Bit of a different between 3 and 5.

Could be fighting twice a week.
    They must be fast and furious bouts, pretty difficult to implement any game plan I would imagine.

They aren't pro fights and this is another example of why people in UK MMA are the own worse enemy.

all the rule sets in UKMMA are confusing as fuck. IMO there should only be two. If fighters/teams don't like them then don't fight.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    They aren't pro fights and this is another example of why people in UK MMA are the own worse enemy.
    Would you say it's not a pro fight if there are no elbows?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    all the rule sets in UKMMA are confusing as fuck. IMO there should only be two. If fighters/teams don't like them then don't fight.
    This..

No elbows in Japan or until recently, Sweden. Still pro fights.

3x3 min rounds are fairly common at Amateur, not for pro though.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Yeah most of the old B-Class rules fights are down on peoples records as Pro

I always thought it was Pro rules minus elbows, heel hooks and neck cranks, so basically what the unified Am rules are nowadays but they were 5min rounds whereas the Am are 3min rounds...