Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Question about the Pro B Class rule set?

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Would you say it's not a pro fight if there are no elbows?
    I see what you are trying to do here.

    Yeah you can have no elbows and it still be a pro fight. UCMMA have no elbows, pride had no elbows and in Europe no elbow fights are common. Even in the US some states allow an opt-out.

    But when you start adding more restrictions in there, bigger gloves, 3 minute rounds and effectively make it an Ammy fight then....
    Last edited by iandean; 24-02-2013 at 02:33 PM.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    I see what you are trying to do here,.

    Yeah you can have no elbows and it still be a pro fight. UCMMA have no elbows, pride had no elbows and in Europe no elbow fights are common. Even in the US some states allow an opt-out.

    But when you start adding more restrictions in there, bigger gloves, 3 minute rounds and effectively make it an Ammy fight then....
    this......

  3. #13

    Default

    I've spoken to some people who use these kind of rules and they admit they aren't pro fights. Look at Tear-up they have C Class Pro rules (don't even try and justify that by the way) but hey they are the South West's biggest show :/

    It might not seem a big deal but this all gets very messy and all it really does is inflate people's egos, covers over what should be an Ammy show and will end up getting fighters hurt in the long run. But hey, no-one really cares becuase this is UK MMA and people should be able to do what they like, right?

    The regional shows in the UK are an absolute mess but no-one really cares or speaks out because then you are in the wrong. Everyone seems to defend bad practice in this industry. The press, the managers, the fighters, other promotions should seek out and discredit bad behaviour but no-one does and this is the result. No wonder legitimate sports and the UFC mostly see the UK MMA scene as a laughing stock

    End of the day, if you have 3 sets of Ammy rules and/or B or C class pro rules then you are doing the fighters, the fans and the sport a disservice.
    Last edited by iandean; 24-02-2013 at 02:33 PM.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    I see what you are trying to do here.

    Yeah you can have no elbows and it still be a pro fight. UCMMA have no elbows, pride had no elbows and in Europe no elbow fights are common. Even in the US some states allow an opt-out.

    But when you start adding more restrictions in there, bigger gloves, 3 minute rounds and effectively make it an Ammy fight then....
    That's pretty much what I thought... That's how I see it, I know France and UCMMA etc don't use them.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Yeah most of the old B-Class rules fights are down on peoples records as Pro

    I always thought it was Pro rules minus elbows, heel hooks and neck cranks, so basically what the unified Am rules are nowadays but they were 5min rounds whereas the Am are 3min rounds...
    A lot of the old B Class pro rules fights were effectively pro Shooto style fights with 4 oz gloves and were FAR more professional than the stuff we see today. Is the same way boxing has 4x3 for new pros.

    I would of thought the sport would have moved on though...maybe if we had a legit governing body this sorta thing wouldn't happen and we would all have certain stranding that would make us look legit. But we instead work in an industry where people don't even wanna get blood test or email over a photo of themselves or even fill out and return contracts or email back a stats sheet.

    Maybe we are just lumbered with what we deserve

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    That's pretty much what I thought... That's how I see it, I know France and UCMMA etc don't use them.
    You know France don't even have headshots on the floor.

    I would argue as that is the ONLY way MMA fights can happen in France then they are pro.

    In the same way that nothing stops promoters calling any rule set in the UK 'pro'. But we have a choice but hey being a 'pro' fighter is the in-thing. So that's not criticise anyone cos then you are the bad guy.

    Hey what do i know i've never fought, maybe i should banished to Australia for even criticising people.
    Last edited by iandean; 24-02-2013 at 02:45 PM.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iandean View Post
    You know France don't even have headshots on the floor.

    I would argue as that is the ONLY way MMA fights can happen in France then they are pro.

    In the same way that nothing stops promoters calling any rule set in the UK 'pro'. But we have a choice but hey being a 'pro' fighter is the in-thing. So that's not criticise anyone cos then you are the bad guy.

    Hey what do i know i've never fought, maybe i should banished to Australia for even criticising people.
    I do yes... That's why Monson drew with Chaban Ka lol...

    I was just using them as an example as having different rule sets.

  8. #18

    Default

    no sherdog results for ucmma's last show yet......

  9. #19

    Default

    Don't see the point in fighting if you can't elbow lol
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

  10. #20

    Default

    C class pro. what an utter load of shite. Completely about fighting or promoting unified amateur matches but trying to make out they are professional fights. The rule set for this amateur fight is really good, but selling it as pro is a complete wanky thing to do. Might as well through in some world championship boxing matches on the show. Non licensed, white collar, ibbafgj inter galactic championship. What a total load of shit. This and no head shot mma matches.

    B class or novice pro is okay I think. No Elbows in a lot of europe, Poland, Sweden, Finnish shows, Bellator, UCMMA,

    Anyway my point is this is complete bullshit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.