Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Artem Katov - Harrop fight now No Contest

Did he say he had ruled it a NC at all mate, due to the reasons stated above?

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    haha

the "I took it anyway" confuses things, did he know about the weight before stepping in the cage or not?
    I think he means he just took the on the day replacement because he'd sold tickets and wanted payong etc... without knowing at this point that Artem was over weight.

i worked the UCC show. no one was lied to about any weights. weigh ins were public for all to see

It's been rectified. That's a joke that they'd even attempt that - it's no grounds for NC (and likely only half a tale anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by SuntanSuperman View Post
    i worked the UCC show. no one was lied to about any weights. weigh ins were public for all to see
    You reffed that fight in particular I seem to remember.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

So let me get this right...

He took a fight after a surgery, the opponent changed last minute, he still accepted even though the opponent was over the weight initially agreed, lost and is now asking for the result to be overturned?
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Did he say he had ruled it a NC at all mate, due to the reasons stated above?
    No. But the guy running the show now was not running the show then. He was adamant that nobody from UCC had contacted Sherdog to make the change though.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

If Sherdog are willing to change records because of fighters/managers emailing them then i shall be undefeated by the end of the week ;D
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    So let me get this right...

He took a fight after a surgery, the opponent changed last minute, he still accepted even though the opponent was over the weight initially agreed, lost and is now asking for the result to be overturned?
    The point of contention seems to be whether or not he was 'blagged' that his opponent was the same weight or not before the fight. Both the fighter and his manager say that he was, while the ref and promoter say he wasn't.

Question: A fighter accepts a fight on the day, against an opponent who he is told by the promoter is a certain weight. It transpires after the fight that the opponent was in fact a considerable amount heavier. Is that grounds for a no contest? Obviously we'd like to think that promoters would be honest about a fighters weight - but is it the responsibility of a fighter/coach to ask to see their opponent on the scales, otherwise accept the fight 'sold as seen'?
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.