Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Artem Katov - Harrop fight now No Contest

Proof is the only thing anyone needs to go on. If you were willing to take someones word over proof then that is just tough. Fight should stand
    Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    If Sherdog are willing to change records because of fighters/managers emailing them then i shall be undefeated by the end of the week ;D
    And my KO of Fedor will finally be recognized.

This is the only head-scratcher for me. I've struggled in the past to get Sherdog to update stuff in a timely manner, and thats with a full list of results, officials, videos of the fights etc. I can't see them changing someone's record based on an email from a manager/fighter, without contacting the promoter/ref/etc for verification.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

I agree its hard to get results/records changed or added to Sherdog even with the correct info unless you are the promoter...

Does anyone actually know who had the result changed to a NC?

And yes, (at this level) its upto a fighter/manager to ensure their oppo weighs in correctly before accepting a fight, if not they have to take the promoters word for it or at least request the weigh in is recorded on video and is correct if they cant be there!

Brad has stated the weigh in's were correct and public for all to see.

Another quote from Lloyds manager whereby he states that UCC sent the sherdog request!

lloyd should of been fighting a lithuanian at 77kg like I said lloyd did'nt know anything about an opponent change till the ring announcer introduced artem katov lloyd being lloyd did'nt moan he got on with the fight at the end lloyd & his corner were'nt happy & said there's no way he's 77kg then he was weighed he was 84kg and the promoter finally admitted it and apologised he sent the no contest through to sherdog we were deceived simple as that it's not the first time this has happend in uk mma and it wont be the last sadly on the night lloyd got stitched up with the katov as a late late replacement quite a few lads dropped out so the promoter was under pressure to arrange fights at the last min it was that or he cancels the show & would of had to refund everyone simple as that mate
    Also there is this Tapology discussion which backs up the fact that there were loads of late replacements whereby only 3 of the scheduled fights went to plan

http://www.tapology.com/forum/events...ussion_Results

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Xanthic; 26-02-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

The fact of the matter is (regardless of what people's versions of events are) they fought in the cage under MMA rules and were both willing participants. Harrop lost - that's a loss on his record. So unless anything else comes to light then that's how it should stand.

Oh and by the way, Katov is not a big welterweight but even if there was a weight discrepancy, they should have not fought and dealt with it there and then. They wouldn't have wanted it overturned to a NC if their man beat the Lithuanian dude with no fights (at the time) that they likely expected him to smash.

hi i'm Lloyd, the fighter in question, see below the images as proof that Danny hornsby contacted Sherdog and has admitted that he deceived me. These are the text messages he sent me and emails that he sent to Sherdog which he forwarded to me.

Slippery slope............
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by mmamanchester View Post
    hi i'm Lloyd, the fighter in question, see below the images as proof that Danny hornsby contacted Sherdog and has admitted that he deceived me. These are the text messages he sent me and emails that he sent to Sherdog which he forwarded to me.

Ouch, plain black and white he lied. Still don't think it constitutes to a change in result.

These threads are what this forum was built on. Epic.