My final thoughts on the matter - If the situation is that that the promoter was less than truthful about the weight of the opponent, then that sucks for Lloyd. He's a lightweight anyway, taking a fight at welterweight. From the pictures provided, it seems like the promoter knew that Katov was over 77, and didn't tell Lloyd. That's not really fair.

The question is: What did Katov weigh in at? Did he weigh in the day before, on the day, or at all? It's been said that Katov was weighed after the fight - After the fight, of course he is going to be much heavier. He's clearly got a wrestling background, so it's not unreasonable to think that he'd be able to cut a decent amount then put a good percentage of that back on by fight time. It's what he weighed before that matters, and of that we have no proof.

From a strictly rules point of view I agree with Jay, there's nothing on paper that says this should be a no contest. Because there is no proof of what Katov weighed in at, we have no way of knowing that he was overweight (or both parties didn't agree to whatever he was) beforehand. I've asked a very well respected official for their take on it and it comes down to this - without video footage, there is no real way to prove that Katov weighed in heavy. All we have is the word of the promoter, who the fighter/manager themselves have accused of being economical with the truth. Lets be honest guys, we all know that dodgy stuff goes on with weight on a far too regular basis - half the results on Sherdog could end up being NC's and that's a dangerous precedent to set. Unfortunately without a commission, that's the world we live in.

This whole situation should really serve as a lesson to all involved, promoters, managers and fighters. Promoters: Make sure there is a video weigh-in to cover you. Most importantly be honest, because when people feel aggrieved, in this digital age it's very easy to get information out to the public, as we have seen. Fighters/Managers/Coaches: Don't accept a fight unless you have seen video evidence, or are satisfied with the weight before hand. Promoters should not be lying to fighters about an opponents weight, but this is far, far from a perfect world - If you agree to a fight, it behooves you to be certain of what you'e agreeing to before you do so.

I know a number of people have spoken to the promoter about this, but we've yet to hear his side of the story directly. I'm not BakedBean (sorry folks), so I'm not about to invite him to this thread to answer my questions. It would be good to hear from him in the interest of fairness, but it seems unlikely at this point and I don't have the time or inclination to go chasing people at the moment. For me, that's pretty much the end of the matter.