Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Artem Katov - Harrop fight now No Contest

That's him aye. #quadzilla

Artem won fair n square, the win should stand

Harrop's manager was talking to me about this a while back. Can't remember the exact reason he gave but I'm pretty sure it was along the same lines as the interview above.

Opponent was changed last minute, and they only found out afterwards that the guys was 8kg heavier. *If* that's the case and there was some kind of deception on the part of the promoter, I guess they have a shout for saying "We wouldn't have taken the fight if we'd have known how much heavier he was". Would that then qualify for an NC?
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Yeah but "Warriors 1000 years ago on the battlefield didn’t complain about weight different so neither did I.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Yeah but "Warriors 1000 years ago on the battlefield didn’t complain about weight different so neither did I.”
    haha

The promoter changed my opponent on the night without telling me, he also forgot to mention the guy was 8kg heavier than me too but because I didn’t want to let my fans down who paid good money to watch me fight I took it anyway.
    the "I took it anyway" confuses things, did he know about the weight before stepping in the cage or not?

Have spoken to Lloyd's manger just now regarding this

"The fight should of been at 77kg but Katov was 84kg. Lloyd was blagged into believing Katov was 77kg but after the fight Lloyd's corner said to the promoter that they wanted him weighed and he weighed 84kg, therefore it was changed to a no contest, the promoter was apologetic afterwards"
    Last edited by gmccann15; 25-02-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmccann15 View Post
    Have spoken to Lloyd's manger just now regarding this

so it was a 77 on the day weight agreed?

So the UCC promoter is admitting that they (or someone acting on their behalf) lied to Harrop and his corner about Katov's weight?

It was a late replacement, so would have been on the day weigh in - if this is the case then yes, the UCC people must be in the wrong
    Last edited by gmccann15; 25-02-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Spoke to the UCC promoter this evening, they have categorically said that nobody from UCC has asked Sherdog to change this result.