Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 173

Thread: Artem Katov - Harrop fight now No Contest

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    The fact of the matter is (regardless of what people's versions of events are) they fought in the cage under MMA rules and were both willing participants. Harrop lost - that's a loss on his record. So unless anything else comes to light then that's how it should stand.

    Oh and by the way, Katov is not a big welterweight but even if there was a weight discrepancy, they should have not fought and dealt with it there and then. They wouldn't have wanted it overturned to a NC if their man beat the Lithuanian dude with no fights (at the time) that they likely expected him to smash.
    Attachment 9111

    Ten ...
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    manchester England
    Posts
    19

    Default the truth shall set you free

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    As everyone has said on here don't take word of mouth go off proof only & the pics on page 4 clearly shows deception lloyd did'nt agree to fight a guy who was clearly told & lead to believe that katov was 77kg when he in fact was well over lloyd would not have taken the fight if the truth came out thats why there's weight divisions people so its a fair fight therefore lloyd was lied to artem katov was not present at the weigh ins & people who don't know the situation should'nt get involved changing results etc . . . The truth is lloyd agreed to fight a lithuian at 77kg but ended up facing a guy who was'nt the scheduled oppopent was made to believe that katov was 77kg when he was'nt at all he was well over tierefore lloyd being lied to/tricked into fighting a guy heavier the truth at this particular event there was 12 fights scheduled and due to drop out after drop the event went ahead with more drops on the night so was on around 6fights so the promotor was in a tough situation do you cancel the show while everyone's at. The venue having already paid the venue,security,ring girls,lighting guys,judges,referee etc . . And then have to refund everyone and piss all the fighters off who have trained and sacrified everything during there training camp and be massively out of pocket OR just mismatch one fight by lying/decieve one lad ? Well that's whats happend simple as that lloyd's been made to look like a sore loser & sour grapes thats simply not the case at all lloyd's actually the victim in all of this he was lead to believe that it was an even playing field when it was'nt and the fact that the promotor has sent the email to sherdog mixed with the text message's saying he was sorry etc . . That's an admission of guilt hence it should stand as a no contest as 1.it was'nt the fight lloyd agreed to 2.lloyd was lied to & decieved 3.the guy was heavier than 77kg simple as that . . Hence why there's weight division's to stop featherweights fighting heavyweights if this happend to any other fighter they would feel the same and to all these mma journalist's(not brad or george) your suppose to be impartial and dont let friendships get in the way your integraty is not meant to be swayed or coloured lloyd's the victim in this if he got beat fair and square at 77kg against a 77kg guy there would'nt be an issue the fact is he was'nt and it should be switched back to a no contest

  3. #43

    Default

    I don't think anybody on here is friends with Katov buddy, does he even speak English?

    This issue is a complex one but lets not muddy it by calling friendships and integrity into question

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    manchester England
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuntanSuperman View Post
    i worked the UCC show. no one was lied to about any weights. weigh ins were public for all to see
    You make it sound like lloyd's lying if the weighs ins were done like you say then please upload the pics of lloyd facing off against artem katov ???? oh but you cant because katov was'nt present simple as that all these mma referee's & mma journalist's(not george or bradley) should be impartial and honest as there integraty is questionable and it's not a good reflection on them or UK mma its pathetic and unfair as they should be unbiased,fair & straight down the line and people should be sticking up for lloyd and make sure that other fighter's dont have to deal with this sort of crap in the future - the truth shall set you free oh and p.s the pics of the messages and emails on page 4 do clearly indicate deception just so you know deception is a lie so yes Lloyd was lied to so your wrong
    Last edited by the truth; 27-02-2013 at 11:55 PM.

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    manchester England
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Mate simple people are putting friendships ahead of the truth and mma journalists(not bradley or george) are sticking there orr in without knowing the truth or speaking to there buddies(promotors) and then believing them we have posted evidence its there in black and white

  6. #46

    Default That proof enough for ya mate?

    email 1.jpgemail 2.jpgtext 1.jpgtext 2.jpg

    email and txt confirmation

  7. #47

    Default

    email 1.jpgemail 2.jpgtext 1.jpgtext 2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by THE EQUALIZER View Post
    Proof is the only thing anyone needs to go on. If you were willing to take someones word over proof then that is just tough. Fight should stand
    That proof enough for ya mate? email and txt confirmation

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    947

    Default

    The emails contain the reply from Sherdog saying if Lloyd agreed to the fight under those conditions then why would it not count, (which is basically what everyone initially thought), and then Danny go's on to actually blame Artem for lying about his weight to himself who he told he was 77kgs when he was in fact 82kgs? Did he actually weigh in at any point BEFORE the fight or was it just after?

    (im sure everyone is aware that most Pro fighters put on around 4-8kgs from weigh in to fight time, I know this was a same day but again some people do cut for same day as well)

    Can you explain the "Warriors 1000 years ago on the battlefield didn’t complain about weight different so neither did I.” quote then, as I initially thought it was pretty funny and ironic but now am just confused by it...

  9. #49

    Default

    I don't think you can go about unequivocally questioning people's integrity when the promoter and referee both stated that everything was above board and then that nothing was sent off to Sherdog re: changing the result. This was 100% what I was told, and by people that are nothing to do with me, nor do I have vested interests in their promotion. I have no affiliation to either party.

    Now it's obviously arisen that there were things that happened from UCC's end that weren't originally divulged, but still I don't know where in the unified rules that's grounds for a NC.

    Cutting corners (e.g. not seeing someone weigh in - he may have been on weight when he weighed in, almost all fighters are heavier at fight time) to save the show isn't ideal, but you guys had the fight, and Lloyd lost the fight. You were happy to fight when the opponent was presented.

    If a 4-1 Lloyd would have beaten the 0-0 Lithuanian (like you expected) and found out you'd been deceived re: weight, would you be going to the promoter and Sherdog to change the result because you didn't feel you deserved the victory?!

    I feel bad for your end, but that's just an unfortunate result from an unfortunate series of events - the fight was the fight, and the fight was lost.

    It's a really shitty situation, but you can't just clamour for a loss to be erased because of some messed up behaviour. There's no commission to appeal to, and no-one to say who deserves the fight to be overturned. It's not even the guys at Sherdog that can make that judgement to change it, it's very much a UK MMA Problem.

  10. #50

    Default

    How many kilograms was Katov over by?

    The interview/text sent say 8kg and the e-mail specifies 5kg.

    At what point did they weigh Katov as well after the fight?

    Antonio's guys don't really hang around for the after party. He's got them back in the van before the post fight interview usually.

    I'm not saying this didn't happen, just wondering about the specifics of it all. It must have been quite a complex affair by the sounds of things.
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.