Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Henderson vs Machida...

Default Henderson vs Machida...

Question, did you score it 29-28, 29-28, 28-29??

That was the official result but I just couldn't see past a draw... Yes it was boring, not a lot happening but the second round in particular was just quiet, both landed some shots but nothing that did much.

I thought it was 29-28 (purely because of the TD at the end), 10-10, 28-29.

I think if Henderson had disengaged at the end of the first meaning Machida wouldn't have got the trip it may have been a draw.

Id love to agree as im a huge Henderson fan but lets be honest here he looked very slow and poor against Machida no way in hell was that a draw all he did was try land that big bomb which Machida was in and out in and out. Granted he had a small spell on top but even that was not enough in my opinion.

Every fight Machida has is boring unless his opponents lose their composure and end up getting kicked in the face.
    I'd never pay to watch him fight.
    All the skills in the world but chooses to point score 99.9% of the time.
    If you love fighting you can never really lose!!!!!
    www.southcoastsubmissions.co.uk
    www.gym01.com

I had Machida winning, but a draw wouldn't have been out of the question.

Realistically, I don't think Machida could have done much more than he did. He soundly outstruck Henderson, avoiding the huge right as Hendo just plodded forward throwing the same punch over and over and over again. People seem to be blaming for Machida for not standing and trading, which is nuts.

Quite a lot of the Pro's had Hendo winning looking at the Twitter feeds...

I wonder who Hendo fights next... I see Jones beating Machida again before the final bell sounds.

Boring fight but what is Machida supposed to do, stand in front of him? He gets KO'd if he does that. Agreed with the judges butin all honesty I don't really want either to fight Jones. Machida will get beat again and I don't think Hendo deserves it (think he'll get easily beat as well). The whole TRT thing is just legalized PEDs and I cant support any fighter that uses it. Time for Silva to step up to fight Jones. He's the only guy that as a decent chance of beating him

If Hendo beat Machida you wouldn't have thought he deserved it?

KO Renato Sobral
    KO Rafael Cavalcante
    KO Fedor Emelianenko
    UD Shogun Rua

I cant get my head round your scoring system...

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    If Hendo beat Machida you wouldn't have thought he deserved it?

KO Renato Sobral
    KO Rafael Cavalcante
    KO Fedor Emelianenko
    UD Shogun Rua
    It's not about who he has beat as all 4 of those are or were world class fighters/legends, its to do with the trt thing. I'm not going to get in to it as its been done to death but I cant support a fighter who uses PEDS, whether it's a legal technical loophole or not. I've been a fan of Vitors & overeems for years, but in all honesty I hope they both get smashed in their next fights by fighters without 'low testosterone'.

not the easiest fight on the eye but from what I remember Machida clearly out struck Henderson in the second