Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Henderson vs Machida...

  1. #11

    Default

    Machida edged it for me. More concise but he was spoiling a fair bit. Wanted Hendo to win but Machida made it hard for him to find his range. Glad Rousey was given headlining spot over this.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    I cant get my head round your scoring system...
    Haha, this! What the hell is "29-28 (purely because of the TD at the end), 10-10, 28-29".

    Do you mean 10-9, 10-10, 9-10 I assume?

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Haha, this! What the hell is "29-28 (purely because of the TD at the end), 10-10, 28-29".

    Do you mean 10-9, 10-10, 9-10 I assume?
    Hahaha I've only just come back to this... Yes, sorry I was trying to do a million things at once, thanks for pointing that out.

    A lot of the pros even gave the first round to Hendo which I didn't agree with but too much respect led to a boring fight.

  4. #14

    Default

    29-28 to machida all day long. funny thing is everyone keeps saying machida is boring and point scoring etc, but hendos corner pretty much told him it was a round each after the second, and when he got the TD in the third he pretty much refused to engage afterwards thinking he had won the fight.

  5. #15

    Default

    I had 29-28 Machida.

    Machida/Machida/Henderson round by round.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    If Hendo beat Machida you wouldn't have thought he deserved it?

    KO Renato Sobral
    KO Rafael Cavalcante
    KO Fedor Emelianenko
    UD Shogun Rua
    I don't think he deserves it. The only true top 10 fighter there is Shogun. You could also go back one fighter further and add him getting thrown around by Jake Shields like a rag doll.

    I am a bit biased against Hendo though. I've never rated him like most people do, and I HATE the whole TRT legal cheating thing.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Evzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    2,675

    Default

    I had it a draw, gave the 2nd round a 10-10 as neither fighter did enough to earn that round, thing is that annoys me about people sayign ooh its machida's style, well what if machida fought another fighter like machida - 2 dudes circling around for 15 minutes without a single punch? Sorry but both fighters should engage at some point, what if Hendo decided to pull a Machida as well? Neither fighter came out of that fight looking great, surprised Dana has said Machida gets the next shot with Gusto fighting soon as well....

    Machida can be an entertaining fighter but he really has to come out of his safety first shell at least once in a fight which he only did after Hendo got the takedown, I would love to see someone fight him and prance around like he did in that fight just to see what happened..

    Jones will destory Machida again though, kinda get the feeling Machida wants nothing to do with a rematch these days, harping on about maybe having a fight before Jones, dropping down in weight and so on.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    I had it a draw, gave the 2nd round a 10-10 as neither fighter did enough to earn that round, thing is that annoys me about people sayign ooh its machida's style, well what if machida fought another fighter like machida - 2 dudes circling around for 15 minutes without a single punch? Sorry but both fighters should engage at some point, what if Hendo decided to pull a Machida as well? Neither fighter came out of that fight looking great, surprised Dana has said Machida gets the next shot with Gusto fighting soon as well....

    Machida can be an entertaining fighter but he really has to come out of his safety first shell at least once in a fight which he only did after Hendo got the takedown, I would love to see someone fight him and prance around like he did in that fight just to see what happened..

    Jones will destory Machida again though, kinda get the feeling Machida wants nothing to do with a rematch these days, harping on about maybe having a fight before Jones, dropping down in weight and so on.
    You scored it the same as me then, I see Jones winning and Machida being forced to drop down to Middleweight because he'll have nowhere else to go. Whether he fights Anderson is another story.

    I'd like to see Hendo fight Jones... I don't know if its because I want the story tale ending or whether I really believe that if Hendo catches him he will KHTFO... I think his wrestling is better but meh.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Evzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    2,675

    Default

    I was hoping for a Hendo v Jones fight as well, but seeing Hendo's performance makes me wonder if the knee injury and age have done for him finally, he will need a win against a contender or two wins even before getting back in the frame and he turns 43 in a few months I think, going to be a year before he even works his way to Jones at best and Jones is talking about moving up in weight so I think Hendo v Jones is now dead. Deader than my soul was watching Hendo v Machida, was so looking forward to that fight... I would rather had watched 20 more rounds of Rousey than 2 mins more of Hendo v Machida...

    With all the cuts etc I wonder if they will cut Hendo noting his age, injuries, the 151 cock up and salary compared to the fact its unlikely he will ever make another run at the title, which makes him a bit redundant really... UFC might let him go Bellator for once last hurrah, I wouldn't be shocked....you heard it here first!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    I was hoping for a Hendo v Jones fight as well, but seeing Hendo's performance makes me wonder if the knee injury and age have done for him finally, he will need a win against a contender or two wins even before getting back in the frame and he turns 43 in a few months I think, going to be a year before he even works his way to Jones at best and Jones is talking about moving up in weight so I think Hendo v Jones is now dead. Deader than my soul was watching Hendo v Machida, was so looking forward to that fight... I would rather had watched 20 more rounds of Rousey than 2 mins more of Hendo v Machida...

    With all the cuts etc I wonder if they will cut Hendo noting his age, injuries, the 151 cock up and salary compared to the fact its unlikely he will ever make another run at the title, which makes him a bit redundant really... UFC might let him go Bellator for once last hurrah, I wouldn't be shocked....you heard it here first!
    I think he'd have engaged more with Jones, in big fights he always comes out like a steam train to KO people early eg Fedor, Shogun, Rafael etc etc (those are recent) and he usually delivers. He always said Jones' chin hasn't been tested. I don't see the UFC cutting Hendo because he always has exciting fights bar the Machida fight and could give any top 10 a run even beating most of them. I think he'll win his next fight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.