Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Henderson vs Machida...

I think after seeing him struggle with Machida it would be the same story with Jones, but...I don't think we will ever find out now

I reckon he could be close to getting cut you know, big salary, no chance of a title shot in the next year or so, the possibility he can knock off contenders which makes it even more awkward keeping him around....

My crystal ball says Hendo won't be in the UFC within a year! (I hope he is as I enjoy watching him fight to be fair, just to make that clear!)
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    Boring fight but what is Machida supposed to do, stand in front of him? He gets KO'd if he does that.
    Hendo stood in front of Lyoto and didnt get KO'd. "why?" you ask - because Machida EXPECTED him to walk forward

I'm a massive Hendo fan and I scored the win for Machida - JUST. But I can tell you now, the only fight I will ever watch involving Machida, is Jones - and that's because Jones will make it exciting. Like someone already said, would never pay to watch Machida. All the talent in the world and fucking runs away from people, expecting them to come after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
    I don't think he deserves it. The only true top 10 fighter there is Shogun. You could also go back one fighter further and add him getting thrown around by Jake Shields like a rag doll.

I am a bit biased against Hendo though. I've never rated him like most people do, and I HATE the whole TRT legal cheating thing.
    You're probably right, smashing cans like Bisping doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
    I don't think he deserves it. The only true top 10 fighter there is Shogun. You could also go back one fighter further and add him getting thrown around by Jake Shields like a rag doll.

I am a bit biased against Hendo though. I've never rated him like most people do, and I HATE the whole TRT legal cheating thing.
    I don't get how he wouldn't deserve it, he was 3-0 in the UFC prior to that beating including ''top 10'' (eg Bisping apparently) guys, then goes to Strikeforce, yes he lost to Shields, made the decision to stick at one weight, beat the number one contender, the world champion and then someone who people regard as the best heavyweight ever (i don't) at a weight that he shouldn't be fighting in and KOs him... Then comes over and beats arguable the number one contender?

I can think of more deserving people, Chael Sonnen?... Frankie Edgar?... See where I'm going with this?

Ah, it's like any of these arguments over who "deserves" a title shot. It's easy to spin the argument for or against and supply stats to backup your claim. I could easily counter the last arguments, but I'm sure they too could be easily counter argued.

These days it's all people seem to discuss. Should Frankie be getting shot over Lamas? Should Gil get a shot over Pettis? Should Nick Diaz over Hendricks? Should just about anyone be getting s shot over Chael?

I suppose all that really matters in the decision making process is $'s. In which case Hendo vs Jones seems like the best for the 205 belt. Personally I'd rather see Glover or Gustafson over Hendo or one of the people Jones has already battered, but I understand the logic.