Thread: Craig Robertson Isnt Just Fighting For The W at BAMMA 12

Hybrid View

Default Craig Robertson Isnt Just Fighting For The W at BAMMA 12

Great interview by @TheKieran, on a forty-two year old Robertson who has positive motives for getting in the cage at BAMMA 12:

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/inter...e-harriman.htm

Still, he tells me, this isnt a fight, or an opponent they can afford to take lightly. Craig knows that a good performance on the undercard could see him and his team featured on national television between the main card fights later that evening, which will gain his club more recognition and legitimacy in the eyes of the locals who are still sceptical of MMA.

Look, all we want to do is share our knowledge and experiences with guys who are just as keen as we were when we started. For example, we have started a BJJ class and any of the young guys who train in the kids class are given a free gi and are never charged for the classes until they are adults. We want to do this right.
    Very good read, check it out!

Well written article, a lot better than the usual Q&A

Definitely a great piece. Sadly a lot of good writing falls by the wayside because it's not always appreciated in our sphere, and therefore it's easier and just as effective to go the quick route.

Yeah I appreciate thats sadly probably true. The fact he made the effort to visit the guy and understand his reasons and background shines through as well...

I know this is not possible for most interviews and suppose not many people would ever actually want to visit Dundee by choice anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Yeah I appreciate thats sadly probably true. The fact he made the effort to visit the guy and understand his reasons and background shines through as well...

I know this is not possible for most interviews and suppose not many people would ever actually want to visit Dundee by choice anyway
    Great article. Craigs a great guy, hope he shines on BAMMA

The young guy scott Malone he mentions looks like he could make some real waves too

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    The young guy scott Malone he mentions looks like he could make some real waves too
    I'll be meeting up with Scott pretty soon, ahead of his fight on Art of Combat.
    The best moment of my life was being punched in the face by Liam Harrison.

Thanks for the positive comments guys, I'm gonna be writing more like this from now on. It's much more fun than Q&A style interviews for me to write. It's like writing a short story but I don't need to make anything up!

Craig's a really great guy and I've not yet spoken to anyone involved in MMA in Scotland who has a bad word to say about him. he told me a lot more stuff that I just couldn't fit into this article. I learned that his first pro fight was against a Dinky Ninja, for example.
    Last edited by Keerin; 28-02-2013 at 02:12 AM. Reason: I spell like I'm drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Keerin View Post
    Thanks for the positive comments guys, I'm gonna be writing more like this from now on. It's much more fun than Q&A style interviews for me to write. It's like writing a short story but I don't need to make anything up!
    You could start making shit up? That might be a laugh.

Craig is honestly the nicest guy I've met in the sport.

Their teams fully of really good guys who are great to deal with.

Hope he gets the win.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Like this?

As Scott walked away from the limp body of another anonymous training partner, the fog slowly cleared from his eyes and he relaxed his posture slightly. Rolling his shoulders, as if the last three knockouts were simply a warm-up he looked over to his coaches and smiled.
    "How's that for an uchi mata?" he said with a wink, as the next unfortunate volunteer stepped through the gate of the training cage"