Thread: Cyborg decision: What do you think of Tito as a manager?

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Default Cyborg decision: What do you think of Tito as a manager?

"The reason I thought it was a better idea is because it's called management," Ortiz declared on Saturday night, standing inside the Honda Center's cramped media room with a handful of reporters gathered around him.
    "Our deal right now is to fight the No. 2 contender at 145 pounds, who she's fighting, and then she'll fight for the [Invicta] world title," he said. "She wins the world title, and after she wins the title, she'll defend it once. After she defends it once, let's get New Year's Eve, Ronda Rousey vs. Cris 'Cyborg' at 140 pounds. Champ vs. champ. Let's forget about the title. Throw away the title. Let's get one of the biggest pay-per-views in the history of mixed martial arts and history of women's MMA."
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...s-a-risky-plan

risky plan, based exclusively around Cyborg winning every fight. not a bad bet, but what do you think? too risky? or good route?

lol @ that picture.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

5 fights between now and NYE? Thats optimistic and relying on no injuries for her of her other opponents.

Always good to have a plan and no doubt she will get that fight in the end but not sure of the timescales
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Great, except the UFC's reason for not doing the fight will still stand: They're not putting their 135lb champ in a non-title catch weight fight. And nor should they.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

^^ i agree... but there's a lot of money in that fight. sometimes cash talks louder than good sense.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

I honestly think Rousey will be beaten by then I feel she is very over rated and i feel there is better woman out there its just a case of them breaking in to the big show.

At no point ever is she going to have more bargaining power than the UFC, Fedor didn't so how she thinks she will is beyond me, she can knock every woman out outside the UFC, the UFC will still just market whoever is top dog as the best, she will either have to get in line with the UFC or stay wandering about in smaller orgs.

She'd have been better off getting in at the ground floor and milking it with the UFC personally, but hey ho, she will end up there eventually assuming she keeps winning, otherwise Dana will get to pull his told you so act again...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

He's right though, the UFC contract was going to farm Cyborg out to Invicta anyway wasn't it?
    This way Cyborg will be in a good position to sort out a super fight come 2014, provided of course that bothy Rousey & Cyborg keep winning. If they are then they'll have run out of fights for Rousey & this makes sense.
    A lot of things can go wrong though in the mean time, especially in MMA.