Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Riddle Released.

Default Matt Riddle Released.

For failing a second marijuana test...

...stupid boy.

Thats lame as unless you want to get really geeky on me i don't see how smoking weed gives you any kind of unfair advantage. A vape before bed after training never hurt anyone lol.

Does this mean the Mills fight is now a n/c and he can get his job back?
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    Does this mean the Mills fight is now a n/c and he can get his job back?
    If it was Steroids id say yes but id be surprised if they do over this and thats coming from a Mills fan.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Very silly. If he insists it's good for him, great, knock yourself out. But fuck it up and piss hot, you know what's coming.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    Very silly. If he insists it's good for him, great, knock yourself out. But fuck it up and piss hot, you know what's coming.
    This exactly.

I see no problem and have no problem with anyone smoking weed, but if you're a pro athlete and know you can be tested, and you know all recreational drugs are banned... why would you take the risk??
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Looks like it has been changed to a N/C after all -

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...in-overturned/
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

I don't agree with it being changed to a no contest if it was weed. But whats done is done.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Statement from UFC

Matthew Riddle tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his bout at UFC on FUEL TV 7 in London, England on February 16, 2013. This is Riddle’s second failed drug test for marijuana within the past seven months. Riddle previously failed a post-fight drug test due to marijuana following his UFC 149 victory over Chris Clements.

As such, the UFC organization is exercising its right to terminate Riddle for breach of his obligations under his Promotional Agreement as well as the UFC Fighter Conduct Policy. The UFC organization has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents. The outcome of the bout against Che Mills was changed to a no contest and the results of the positive test will be reported to the official Association of Boxing Commissions MMA record-keeper.
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-release...tive-drug-test

interesting. one way of reading it, seems to imply that the UFC doesn't have an opinion as to whether it's performance enhancing. or at least does not want to venture an opinion.

if they came out and said it were a PED, Mills would deserve his job back, eh?
    Last edited by Jimmy Boogaloo; 28-02-2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: included use of the conditional tense, my apologies for any lack of clarity
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I don't agree with it being changed to a no contest if it was weed. But whats done is done.
    End of the day it is a rule and there are not exceptions or variations dependent on what you've failed on. A fail is a fail in their eyes.
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!