Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Henderson wants to fight GSP!!

Default Henderson wants to fight GSP!!

No not Dan, Benson wants to fight GSP after he's fought Melendez.

Benson could be his toughest test to date providing he gets past Diaz.

What is with these guys moving up a division and getting title shots????? If henderson wants to move to 170 thats great but have him take couple of fights first before a title fight. Have him fight condit or hendricks or diaz etc to prove he deserves a title shot. It would also let him get a feel of how he would get on at that weight. Everytime I hear about champions from other divisions stepping up and going straight into title shots makes me feel guys like hendricks etc must be raging at getting passed over for a guy who has never proved himself at the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtie View Post
    What is with these guys moving up a division and getting title shots????? If henderson wants to move to 170 thats great but have him take couple of fights first before a title fight. Have him fight condit or hendricks or diaz etc to prove he deserves a title shot. It would also let him get a feel of how he would get on at that weight. Everytime I hear about champions from other divisions stepping up and going straight into title shots makes me feel guys like hendricks etc must be raging at getting passed over for a guy who has never proved himself at the weight.

Its Dana wanting to try control who his champions are. I think Hendricks is very dangerous and a handful for almost anyone and I think Dana knows this.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Fair point tomtie. If they want a superfight, maybe need to hand out stepping aside money. Still 100 nutsack points to Henderson
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

To be fair though the UFC is a business & Benson stepping up in weight as a champion (if he gets past Gilbert) to challenge GSP in a Champion vs. Champion fight would be a far bigger fight than GSP vs. any other Welter right now.
    Just like how Aldo has been promised a LW title shot if he gets by Pettis, although bendo looking to move up might screw those plans up.
    Yeah it sucks for Welters who are fighting for their title shot but no different to Chuck being pushed aside so Zuffa could make Tito vs. Ken Shamrock & countless fights since then.

GSP smashes Henderson by wrestle fuck all day long, regardless of what you argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    GSP smashes Henderson by wrestle fuck all day long, regardless of what you argue.
    Yep thats what will happen. Henderson is a very good fighter but it would be interesting to see him against a fighter that has a size advantage over him

Dana has already poured cold water on this.
    Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

And rightly so. Henderson has only defended the belt once and that was a debateable decision. Personally would much prefer him to fight Pettis next rather than Pettis moving down