Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon Fitch discusses his pay and what the UFC makes.

Default Jon Fitch discusses his pay and what the UFC makes.

This is really interesting stuff...

How do people who are on $6,000 a fight make it work?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/6/10...of-fighter-pay

Decent watch, considering he was a high level fighter for a long time the money he is paid is shit...

The owners took a huge financial hit for years until they hit the big time and you cant knock anyone who takes a risk and makes money, but yeah they defo could pay a lot better

We have all seen Dana's dont like it dont fight for us attitude though which goes with his ego

Yeah when I divided the $1,320,000 by 18 fights its $73333 per fight, less 20% for Management as he said thats $58667 and then having to take out additional costs like gym fees, transport, cost for an extra guys who go along with them... Pretty sucky wage to live on.

When you hear the numbers they made off the 10+4 as fitch goes on about they'd have easily surpassed $500,000,000 during the 18 events he featured. Crazy!!

Yeah its decent revenue alright but as I said you cant knock anyone who puts it all on the line and ends up successful... now its doing so well it would be nice to see the fighters get a little more tho

Yeah its been performing and pulling in the numbers really since around UFC 100, increase in fighter pay would be good, just the general $6,000 starter purses rising to like $10-12,000 it wouldn't make a massive difference to them paying an extra $30-40,000 in purses.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    Yeah when I divided the $1,320,000 by 18 fights its $73333 per fight, less 20% for Management as he said thats $58667 and then having to take out additional costs like gym fees, transport, cost for an extra guys who go along with them... Pretty sucky wage to live on.

When you hear the numbers they made off the 10+4 as fitch goes on about they'd have easily surpassed $500,000,000 during the 18 events he featured. Crazy!!
    But then he would have income from sponsorship, maybe he teaches classes/privates.

I cant turn round to my boss and say well youve made lots of money so i should be paid more

Quote Originally Posted by crazycenter View Post
    But then he would have income from sponsorship, maybe he teaches classes/privates.

I cant turn round to my boss and say well youve made lots of money so i should be paid more
    He says that includes sponsors doesn't he?

Plus that's not what he's saying, people asked his take on the 'they should pay us more' and he gave his opinion.

I think the best thing I have read concerning the arguments for this is - its like a Mcdonalds employee demanding more money because McDonalds make a shittonne (actual amount) of money, the UFC is a business first and foremost, the top tier fighters get paid very well, the rest are just like support staff in any company, until you get a top job, don't expect a top salary. I am not saying I agree with the fighter pay, far from it, but.....its one of those issues the UFC gets hammered on, but you don't see people demanding kids in Nike sweatshops should get paid more and so on.

Plus Fitch, lets be honest, wasn't a PPV draw, looking at it from a simple point of view, he was an employee for a company and made 2/3 times the national average per annum whilst employed, thats not all that bad, plus when he moaned about struggling with his second home's mortgage, well fuck you Fitch, my sympathy level kinda dropped here.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

So after he pays management etc he still bagged over $1 million. Not bad for doing something you love.

I might set up a fundraising page for the poor lad.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.