Thread: OMMAC 16 - Walsh, Hoban, Cullen interviews

Hybrid View

Default OMMAC 16 - Walsh, Hoban, Cullen interviews

Some interviews ahead of OMMAC 16 this weekend - I'll update them in this thread as they come through.

Here's the OMMAC 16 fight card.

A Lot More Tools In Chris Hoban's Bag Ahead Of OMMAC 16

"No-one ever learnt a hard lesson off winning. I turned it around and used it to my advantage. I've been in every situation in a fight now, so nothing is unknown to me."

Shay Walsh Reflects On Recent Bouts; Looks Ahead To OMMAC 16

"The Saul fight was exactly what I needed," explained Walsh. "I went looking for that fight straight after the disappointing loss to Artem. I dominated against Artem, but he did a great job staying in the fight and capitalised when he got the chance. A lot of people were saying that Saul would beat me, so it felt great to prove them wrong.

Expect Big Changes From Graham At OMMAC 16 This Weekend

YourMMA.tv: How have things been and how much have you progressed since moving to SBG?

DH: I feel I've improved all over - I'm hitting cleaner, moving better, my fitness is better, but most of all my ground game, which had big holes in it, has improved a lot. I'm attacking for subs instead of trying to survive. Head coach Karl Tanswell has worked hard to get my level up, so come Saturday you'll definitely see a big change in me.

YourMMA.tv: With the likes of Matt Inman, Curt Warburton and others all preparing for fights right around the same time, how has that affected things in the gym?

DH: Last Friday I sparred with Aaron Wilkinson, Matt Inman, Davey Grant, Curt Warburton and AJ 'Deep Waters'. It's just buzzing at the moment. We've got some big fights coming up for the team and everyone has upped their game.

Refocused Cullen Looking To Continue Good Streak At OMMAC 16

"My recent wins were greatly needed after having back to back losses; something which made me consider hanging up the gloves. I'll be looking to keep the winning streak going at OMMAC.

"My confidence was gone and I felt crippled with doubt but I've got a great team and family supporting me. Then in September I started working with a strength of mind coach, using hypnotism to help me focus and be more positive."

Tonight! Follow @YourMMA on Twitter to keep up to date with the live results.

it's got the cage warriors card in that article not ommac

Here's the OMMAC 16 event report:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.a...ent-report.htm

Newman, Walsh, Chadwick, Ihiekwe, Rushworth and Wootten amongst those in fine form.