Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The brand Tap out

Default The brand Tap out

Now with me been at the lowest scale of the fight ladder and no free gear i have been looking to stock up on some new gear Im talking about shorts etc not gear to walk about the streets lol. Now remember the brand Tapout was respected but things seem to have changed. Anyway the question is does the mma community look down on Tap out wearers or is it still kool to wear it as training gear. Im only asking as compared to others i can get tap out for half the price im spending about 120 which is why i thought i better ask first before turning up to training kitted in tapout and looking like a tool. And yes i looked on sports direct lol at least im honest :P

There was a secret council of the most elite members of the MMA community (the top posters on here) about this very issue. The following is an extract (section 2 paragraph 3a) from the document that was formed as a result of this council and which should be adhered to as law by all serious practitioners of Mixed Martial Arts (henceforth to be referred to as 'MMA') in the UK:

"Should party A wish to take part in an MMA training session wearing Tapout clothing (or any other brand of clothing) they should be allowed to do so without prejudice or discrimination so long as the clothing is fit for purpose. The provenance of the clothing (such as the clothing store in which it was bought) should in no way be regarded as a factor in determining the skill or ability of party A and should in no way interfere with their choice to train in MMA (indeed they should be congratulated for making the effort to train, in any clothing, when so many do not). If party B should wish to judge party A for their choice of clothing then they should be regarded as a dick and should go fuck themselves."

I hope this clears up any concerns you may have.
    LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE MMA - Home to Shay Walsh, Matty Steele and Alex 'The Marksman' Makhonin

Quote Originally Posted by Emmet J View Post
    There was a secret council of the most elite members of the MMA community (the top posters on here) about this very issue. The following is an extract (section 2 paragraph 3a) from the document that was formed as a result of this council and which should be adhered to as law by all serious practitioners of Mixed Martial Arts (henceforth to be referred to as 'MMA') in the UK:

"Should party A wish to take part in an MMA training session wearing Tapout clothing (or any other brand of clothing) they should be allowed to do so without prejudice or discrimination so long as the clothing is fit for purpose. The provenance of the clothing (such as the clothing store in which it was bought) should in no way be regarded as a factor in determining the skill or ability of party A and should in no way interfere with their choice to train in MMA (indeed they should be congratulated for making the effort to train, in any clothing, when so many do not). If party B should wish to judge party A for their choice of clothing then they should be regarded as a dick and should go fuck themselves."

I hope this clears up any concerns you may have.
    Thanks lol im still a bit nerves about doing it after seeing all the tapout hate clubs on facebook lol
    Last edited by Babycakes; 02-03-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Wanna be tough guys wear Tap Out gear.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    Wanna be tough guys wear Tap Out gear.
    lol well nobody can take the piss out of sports direct any more as they now stock a lot of good brands including bad boy so are all bad boy wearers now dicks? Not a troll post just a serious question as tap out has been hated since sports direct started stocking them lets see if anyone's brave enough to answer?

Anyone who wears clothes is a dick, balls out baby!!!!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Anyone who wears clothes is a dick, balls out baby!!!!
    Haha could of guessed you would reply hope training is going well. x

Of course I would reply, I am a spammer!

Meh, I have got tendonitis of the shoulder/bicep (at least that what google tells me now I finally googled the symptoms), working through it as much as I can but I'm too old for this shit so might dust my bike off and go cardio for a month or two and let it heal properly as been fucked with it for about 6 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Of course I would reply, I am a spammer!

Meh, I have got tendonitis of the shoulder/bicep (at least that what google tells me now I finally googled the symptoms), working through it as much as I can but I'm too old for this shit so might dust my bike off and go cardio for a month or two and let it heal properly as been fucked with it for about 6 months now.
    Never trust google almost everything leads to cancer on there. Hope it heals up and your back in action soon man.

Haha cheers dude, I was amazed that it wasn't a brain tumour to be honest, I was down for that or cancer/aids but turns out yeah my arm is just fucked, bit of a let down. I can still train but can't do any flye type motions, incline press n few other bits, sometimes the day after it feels great like I have loosened it up, others, I struggle to put a coat on without serious agony.

But, its all good in the hood, I am still hung like a horse* so can't really complain!

*I like putting my cock in lasagne!