Thread: conor mcgregor

Default conor mcgregor

how far do people think he can go?! i personally think he can go far and very close to a title shot. as long as they build him up and dont push him in his first 3/4 fights

I find it hard to comment on things like this because I always end up getting slated as a hater but I don't think it can be decided yet... The guys he's fought thus far aren't the current crop of the deep lightweight division. Currently I'll say I don't think he will get that close to a UFC title fight but things may change. I don't think they'll build him up.

I agree with Grizzly in terms of the fact that it's simply too soon to judge, MTV documentary or not.
    LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE MMA - Home to Shay Walsh, Matty Steele and Alex 'The Marksman' Makhonin

He's only very young so I think he has every chance, he's very unorthodox so i think he can definitely pull some big wins off as nobody will know what to expect from him which will make preparing for him harder. The only thing I will say is that I will with hold real judgement on title shots till I see him against a high level wrestler, that's what seems to catch a lot of up and coming exciting fighters out.

He'll fight for the belt IMO.
    Last year I said he should of been a top 3 featherweight but due to not getting the fights he was barely ranked.
    I've been lucky to see a lot of fighters live and this kid is special.
    If you love fighting you can never really lose!!!!!
    www.southcoastsubmissions.co.uk
    www.gym01.com

I take it he is going in as a FW not a LW?

Defo got the potential to be a star, bit early to be talking about belts yet tho... keep the pressure off him and let him develop.