Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My training blog - road to a pro license

Default My training blog - road to a pro license

Right guys - I've been sparring and training at the amateur boxing club locally. I'm going to throw myself into the training fully these coming months and see if a dream I had about buying a new Subaru Impreza from boxing wages comes true.
    Here's the car:
    Subaru_Impreza_WRX_STi_479cd60018337.jpg

Although I've had 4 weeks off training - I'm getting back into it slowly. Today I'll be taking it easy though. Had a cheesy turkey mince bolognese and sgetti. Just about to walk the dogs for a couple of miles...
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Hey good luck man dog walking is under rated its great if you stay at a fast pace and jog and walk etc They also offer great company which is great when just getting back in to your routine as they provide a kind of morale booster. Will be supporting your blog.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

TTT for you getting the car. Go Will, SMASH!!1
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

saw another impreza today on my way home from work with my wife. I know it's a sign.
    Last night, I did strength and conditioning - 200kg deadlifts for reps. Doesn't seem like boxing I know but I shadow boxed in my mind tonight - that was enough for me. Boxing again on Thursday for real.

Good luck with the pro licence mate , if you need any help give me a shout.
    Keep up the strength work , but keep an eye on injuries you dont want that to hold up your training in the ring

I have a WRX , runs about 410 bhp ...

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Thanks Bateman. Yeah, I love the scooby - just not practical at the moment as I'm trying to start a family.
    I've just done some roadwork = 3 miles. I hate running; I mean I hate it with a passion. Isn't essential - I've felt swimming as a good substitute previously but the local pool is restricted because of school kids.
    Tomorrow night is only 90 minutes of training. I'll be lucky to get 5 good rounds of sparring in; some of the guys are kinda small...

any update on this mate ?

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Will when you use swimming as cardio etc what do you do in the pool as far as style and speed and distance goes thanks man.

Well, I'm aiming from Summer onwards to get at least 15 ammy bouts within a year period.
    I'm 32 in July and whilst that is a very late start for boxing - it isn't like I've been eating pizza since 2001. I've been boxing somehow for several years so this is an emphasis on what I already know.
    I can't say I'll be Muhammed Ali but I like that idea that I might be able to get an area or possibly national title fight within a couple of years, assuming I fight consistently.

Swimming wise babycakes - I'll spend 15 minutes of just lengths to get hot and regulate my breathing, then I'll do sprint swims for a minute a shot, before interchanging with underwater swimming for a length, pause for a short rest and then sprint stop. The idea is mainly about oxygen intake and swimming is a resistance for your whole body (unless you are a jellyfish).
    I lift heavy compound weights and swimming is fantastic cardio whilst I'm recovering physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Samuelson View Post
    Well, I'm aiming from Summer onwards to get at least 15 ammy bouts within a year period.
    I'm 32 in July and whilst that is a very late start for boxing - it isn't like I've been eating pizza since 2001. I've been boxing somehow for several years so this is an emphasis on what I already know.
    I can't say I'll be Muhammed Ali but I like that idea that I might be able to get an area or possibly national title fight within a couple of years, assuming I fight consistently.

Swimming wise babycakes - I'll spend 15 minutes of just lengths to get hot and regulate my breathing, then I'll do sprint swims for a minute a shot, before interchanging with underwater swimming for a length, pause for a short rest and then sprint stop. The idea is mainly about oxygen intake and swimming is a resistance for your whole body (unless you are a jellyfish).
    I lift heavy compound weights and swimming is fantastic cardio whilst I'm recovering physically.
    Great help thanks man.