Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My training blog - road to a pro license

At 32 you only hav two years left boxing in the ams and i am not being a prick mate but getting 15 bouts in a season as a novice is unlikely unless you can get two in before september then enter the novices.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Samuelson View Post
    Right guys - I've been sparring and training at the amateur boxing club locally. I'm going to throw myself into the training fully these coming months and see if a dream I had about buying a new Subaru Impreza from boxing wages comes true.
    Here's the car:
    Attachment 9130

Although I've had 4 weeks off training - I'm getting back into it slowly. Today I'll be taking it easy though. Had a cheesy turkey mince bolognese and sgetti. Just about to walk the dogs for a couple of miles...
    Sounds like progress stalled

"Unless you are a jellyfish"

Little things like this have me creasing. LOLS!
    The poster formally known as Steve_Langford.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HANDSOFSTONE View Post
    Sounds like progress stalled
    you seem jealous?
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    you seem jealous?
    You seem homosexual

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

haha advanced basics.
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

I took one month off thinking I was kinda ground to a halt. Reason being is I was training with a nice but very small club and they keep putting their time into kids which is mainly who they look after (naturally). I don't even have anybody over 14 stone who I can even spar with (when he is there). What's the answer? Probably isn't one but I'm going to be starting this week at another club who have hosted a few of the Tsunami guys for boxing work. Might be what I needed all along. I have a problem though - I just can't stop myself lifting heavy weights and it will be very counter productive if I can't discipline myself.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

I took one month off thinking I was kinda ground to a halt. Reason being is I was training with a nice but very small club and they keep putting their time into kids which is mainly who they look after (naturally). I don't even have anybody over 14 stone who I can even spar with (when he is there). What's the answer? Probably isn't one but I'm going to be starting this week at another club who have hosted a few of the Tsunami guys for boxing work. Might be what I needed all along. I have a problem though - I just can't stop myself lifting heavy weights and it will be very counter productive if I can't discipline myself.
    Find a decent trainer kids can work with adults under the right circumstances

Fuck that, spar with the kids, smash them and feel like a GOD!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I have a problem though - I just can't stop myself lifting heavy weights and it will be very counter productive if I can't discipline myself.
    slippery slope ...

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/