Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is it right for a 17 year old to fight pro?

Quote Originally Posted by brashleyholland View Post
    I tried to organize a cage shagging event once, but I had a load of pull-outs.
    End thread.

Im the actual battle bang world champ
    3-5-1

When did you beat Paul Johno then?

i made my pro debut at 17. think it depends on the level of fighter n how much experience they have or what level guys are they are training with
    http://www.twitter.com/ChrisFishgold pro 7-0-0 semi pro 2-0-0 nextgenmma.co.uk

In other countries being 18 isn't a problem when it comes to age. In Thailand for example there is people who by the time they have turned 18 they have had close to 100 pro fights.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    In other countries being 18 isn't a problem when it comes to age. In Thailand for example there is people who by the time they have turned 18 they have had close to 100 pro fights.
    But in Thailand you can fuck an 8yr old for 5 quid so I'd hardly be looking at them for guidance on child welfare nath!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fullthrottle View Post
    But in Thailand you can fuck an 8yr old for 5 quid so I'd hardly be looking at them for guidance on child welfare nath!!
    What is it with this thread with people bringing pedophilia into it?

Child fucking aside, In Thailand, and other countries, they let a person fight pro on whether or not they think they ready. As providing earlier there is a number of class MMA guys who have turned pro at a young age only t go on to have great careers. Another example of someone who turned pro early is Thiago Alves who started fighting pro in Muay thai at 15, 17 for MMA.

The ppoint i am making is that if someone is good enough to fight in a professional level then good on them. There is very few who could do it and i'm not saying that all under 18's should fight pro (as i stated earlier) but IMO sport should be based on skill not age.

If people were not allowed to compete at pro based on age then we may not have got some of the huge stars we have today in other sports.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

this is all pointless. 'Pro' means nothing. It is not a measure of ones ability just a reference to a rule set. I regularly referee Unified Amateur fighters who would destroy their pro counterparts who fight later on in the night.

There is no baseline for who qualifies as a pro fighter and as such anyone can be matched evenly at pro level with a lad of similar ability