Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is it right for a 17 year old to fight pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    https://twitter.com/FCC_1

^ Check the pic FCC posted of his ear... Nasty shit.
    Reminds me of when had mine done last year. Luckily mine never got that bad that it was close to being lobbed off but hurt like fuck.

The cotton/gauze what they sew to your ear is the worst thing ever too. I sleep on my left side and couldn't as it was my left lug i did and if i strayed onto it in my sleep i sharp woke up.

It's a funny old injury cauli like as you don't realise how much your ears get touched in day to day life/training until you get one.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    Reminds me of when had mine done last year. Luckily mine never got that bad that it was close to being lobbed off but hurt like fuck.

The cotton/gauze what they sew to your ear is the worst thing ever too. I sleep on my left side and couldn't as it was my left lug i did and if i strayed onto it in my sleep i sharp woke up.

It's a funny old injury cauli like as you don't realise how much your ears get touched in day to day life/training until you get one.
    I fucking love when Geordies drop posts... parts of it almost seem like a foreign language

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    I fucking love when Geordies drop posts... parts of it almost seem like a foreign language
    Technically i'm not a geordie although i would go as far as say i am more geordie than half the geordie shore cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    remember that fight well. I agre with the commentators though early stoppage.

Who was it in the UFC who's ear went from normal to JDS ear during a fight a couple of years ago. Can't remember who it was i just remember when Rogan interviewed him after the fight it was brutal.

Remember when Saku got his ear ripped off?

Fighting, writing and mood lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by brashleyholland View Post
    Remember when Saku got his ear ripped off?

Yup. To this day still makes me cringe!

I turned pro a week or so after my 17th Birthday and although i have done ok i was very badly coached and matched, fighting two weight categories above my natural fighting weight and was thrown in with the likes of Carl Fawcett, Brendan Loughnane, Tim Close and Eden Newton before or when i was 18. If a fighter is from a good gym and is managed correctly i don't see a problem with turning pro before 18.
    Professional Bantamweight, Record 5-2

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Desborough View Post
    I turned pro a week or so after my 17th Birthday and although i have done ok i was very badly coached and matched, fighting two weight categories above my natural fighting weight and was thrown in with the likes of Carl Fawcett, Brendan Loughnane, Tim Close and Eden Newton before or when i was 18. If a fighter is from a good gym and is managed correctly i don't see a problem with turning pro before 18.
    IMHO for you to have such a good record after being matched with some of the names above is testament to just how good your skills are. There is a lot of full time pros who wouldn't/couldn't beat some of the above yet you did impressively at such a young age.

Many of the posts on this thread are missing the point. The issue is the confused legal status of 16-18 year olds who are considered to be adults in some contexts but not others. Only this morningthere was a news item on BBC breakfast arguing the case why a 17 year old should be treated as a minor when in plice custody. It doesn't matter how good an individual is; it's about the presumed capacity (or lack thereof) of the many individuals who are not that good to meaningfully give informed consent to participation
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with