Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silva vs. Weidman - UFC 162

Default Silva vs. Weidman - UFC 162

Looks like Weidman finally gets his wish.

http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/news...idman-ufc-162/
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Hope they both come through training camp without getting injured

Just because you have beaten the rest, doesn't mean that you will beat the best.

I like Anderson huge in this fight.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    Just because you have beaten the rest, doesn't mean that you will beat the best.

I like Anderson huge in this fight.
    Think we all agree silva will be big favourite against anyone but weidman been shouting for this fight for a while and if not him then who???
    I like the fight weidman looks hungry and could give silva a fight for couple of rounds anyway cant seehim winning bit id rather a guy like him got a shot than simply feeding silva another bonnar or irvin that nobody believes can make a fight of it.
    WAR WEIDMAN !!!!!!!

Weidman by 5 round wrestle smash.... Beeeeeeliiiiieeeevvvveeeee. Either that or he finishes Silva.

Weidman deserves this fight no doubt and this could be a tough match up for Silva but still see him getting the ko/tko at some point. Weidman has had fairly favourable matchups to get to the top contender spot imo. Maia at MW and Munoz aren't and never really have been top guys in the division so I think it is a massive step up in competition so this is a very difficult fight to predict. If he had fought the likes of Vitor or Sonnen it may be a little bit clearer as to how he will fair in this fight

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    Weidman deserves this fight no doubt and this could be a tough match up for Silva but still see him getting the ko/tko at some point. Weidman has had fairly favourable matchups to get to the top contender spot imo. Maia at MW and Munoz aren't and never really have been top guys in the division so I think it is a massive step up in competition so this is a very difficult fight to predict. If he had fought the likes of Vitor or Sonnen it may be a little bit clearer as to how he will fair in this fight
    The bit in bold which i've highlighted always makes me chuckle. The main arguement whenever Bisping was being talked about for number one contender shot was always "who's he beaten" or "He has beaten no one that should warrent a title shot".

At the same time these were the very same people calling for Weidman to get a fight.

Don't get me wrong i think Weidman has a much better chance than Bisping but it always makes me chuckle slightly.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Chris Weidman wasn't given as easy run, I'm pretty sure we argued about this before, when he fought Maia, Maia was ranked 6/7th in the world (off the top of my head I can't remember which one), then when he beat Mark Munoz, Sonnen had already reverted to LHW meaning that Munoz went from #3 to #2 so when Weidman beat him, he became the number one contender. Simple.

I'm not denying he deserves the title shot, as much for being unbeaten and winning all of his fights comfortably with finishes. But what contenders you fight on the way of the title is the luck of the draw and who's currently available. Vitor and sonnen would provide far sterner tests to wiedman than Maia and Munoz. i don't think he's faced a guy who can really push him yet. That's my point!

would put my house on Silva winning whatever round he wants.