Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overeem out of UFC 160 but Hunt "down" for replacing him

Default Overeem out of UFC 160 but Hunt "down" for replacing him

Overeem is injured but Hunt has said he is down for replacing him and is now rallying his twitter followers to call for the fight with dos Santos.

http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/news...r-stepping-in/
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

BOOM!!!... War Hunt... I think Hunt could 3 round punch smash JDS.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

if JDS doesn't have the sniffles this time, he could be ok. but beware of the sniffles bro or you get squash
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Love the fairytale idea of Hunt going on a decent run guess he has earned his stripes over the years would love to see him blast dos Santos and possibly earn a chance to fight Cain odds are against him but we have seen stranger things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakes View Post
    Love the fairytale idea of Hunt going on a decent run guess he has earned his stripes over the years would love to see him blast dos Santos and possibly earn a chance to fight Cain odds are against him but we have seen stranger things happen.
    He's already on a decent run. He has longest win streak currently in the UFC heavyweight division and as well as sparking Struve he also stopped Kongo in just over two minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    He's already on a decent run. He has longest win streak currently in the UFC heavyweight division and as well as sparking Struve he also stopped Kongo in just over two minutes.
    True but I think a fight with Nelson would be a crowd pleaser and a monster of a brawl if Nelson decides to trade with him. I personally think If both guys bring there A game and it goes past the first round it would have the whole crowd standing.

If Hunt vs Nelson happens, I never thought I'd say this but Nelson would get laid out.

I can't see any UFC heavyweight beating him on the feet, his chin is crazy and his hands are heavy as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly. View Post
    If Hunt vs Nelson happens, I never thought I'd say this but Nelson would get laid out.

I can't see any UFC heavyweight beating him on the feet, his chin is crazy and his hands are heavy as fuck.
    As much as I hate to say it I think JDS would have hunt on the feet, he's very mobile for a big guy and must have a large reach advantage.

Hunt vs Overeem is the fight I want to see more than any other HW matchup. I wouldn't be suprised to see Overeem take it to the ground pretty damn quickly and he certainly won't be so fckin arrogant as in his last fight.

Nelson should beat Hunt but he will stand and trade as that is the sort of fighter he is, to his detriment. It's gonna be a great fight

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    As much as I hate to say it I think JDS would have hunt on the feet, he's very mobile for a big guy and must have a large reach advantage.

Hunt vs Overeem is the fight I want to see more than any other HW matchup. I wouldn't be suprised to see Overeem take it to the ground pretty damn quickly and he certainly won't be so fckin arrogant as in his last fight.

Nelson should beat Hunt but he will stand and trade as that is the sort of fighter he is, to his detriment. It's gonna be a great fight
    JDS showed against Cain that he can get hit and how he deals with getting hit hard, he crumbled a few times in that fight and Hunt can hit just as hard as Cain if not harder. I just think that Hunt would beat him in a punch up.

Looks like for the second time in as many years #RallyForMarkHunt proves pointless as Dana says the Overeem vs. JDS fight has been moved to the summer.